Wanting To A Purchase A AU XR8 220 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 07:43   #1 (permalink)

Wanting To A Purchase A AU XR8 220

Well currently owning the EF the time is close which seems some what distant to purchase a new vehicle with more of a punch and a worthy nameplate. At the moment im very happy with her shes treated me well which is why im not letting go well until i get my full licence and have sorted things out financially.

After tossing up between a ED Sprint, EL XR8 or AU XR8 Series 2/3 i came to the conclusion the au xr8 220kw would really get my pulse racing. Now as i have a fair bit of time i wanna gather as much info as i can about this particular vehicle.

1. How much would i be looking at with one that has low k's, in manual and possibly in stock trim?
2. Mechanically wise any common problems?
3. Fuel consumption what sort of figures would you be looking at?
4. Aftermarket mods do they respond well and dont hurt your pocket if your chasing descent N/A figures?
5. Whats insurance like for people who are over 21yrs of age?

Any info to fill those blanks questions with answers is once again appreciated...cheers
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 23:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Wanting To A Purchase A AU XR8 220

mate i have one for sale....check out the site on carpoint.com...if ur interested pm me...it has 90 000 klicks but its all highway driving to and from work...anywayz good luck in finiding ur car. http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:53   #3 (permalink)

MR XLR8 you just dont understand how jealous you made me feel lol. That is exactly what i want ...series 3 xr8, in blueprint, manual, low k's, has sunroof and you live sydney. Thats too good to be true. Unfortunately though im not ready to buy a new car as yet. Im hoping absolute latest by very early next year.

This brings a tear to my eye lol.......
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:14   #4 (permalink)

hahaha fair enough mate...good to know u like it :)
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons