Welcome aboard to CAPA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 22:10   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Welcome aboard to CAPA

I'd like to welcome the team at C.A.P.A Performance as members of our sponsor team.

Their Banners and links will be up shortly. In the mean time you can use this space to ask them questions about products. Stay tuned for valued discounts that only FordForums.com Members will be getting

Cheers
John
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 22:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: Welcome aboard to CAPA

Yes good to see them comming on to put valuable imput into the product

Good on you guys
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 14:49   #3 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Welcome CAPA!

About time you realized you guys sell to much Holden Crap and not enough Ford Performance Products!

Seems the edit is working well, in the right hands. One new custom tuner has said to me "you have to be a computer guru to fully understand the flexibility of the SCT edit"

Its easy to tell he's a Holden fan! Ah well, at least he's on the right track now!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 20:39   #4 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Good stuff!

Welcome to FF.com
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:59   #5 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Welcome aboard to CAPA

Hello Tony, oh great one! Does this mean we can communicate with you other than faxing you or F*****G off. Welcome to the Ford fold. I told you there's a shit load of Falcon nutbags out here waiting for some good mods. I'm holding off on my recent purchase to milk a bit more out of the N/A tune Simon massaged for me. It's Craig by the way......
Old 04-05-2005, 18:36   #6 (permalink)

Question for you to think about CAPA-

If my understanding is correct, the ECU in BA falcons have the ability to "learn" things and change parameters to accomodate things like bigger air intake etc. Cars will inevitably run better with more time, as the ECU learns how to better manage the change it has received.

The flash tuner has the ability to "suck out" the existing factory program, and store it while a new map is inserted into the car, right?

If, for arguments sake, i re load the factory program into my car and send it in to the dealers for a service, and they do their own ECU upgrade, is the factory program i now have stored in the box when i unload it next, or is there a generic stock program stored in the box itself?

If the box programs can be edited by dealers, is there any reason why, for arguements sake, i could replace all 3 programs with 3x 10 psi custom tunes from 3 different custom tuners, and load them individually into a test car, do a dyno run with each program under the exact same conditions to determine if one custom tuner is better or has done a better tune for the car?

Kind of like battle of the custom tuners?

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Old 04-05-2005, 19:57   #7 (permalink)

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your support so far.. Looking forward to helping / supporting all you Ford owners out there.. Let me know if you have any questions on any of our products for the Fords etc..
CAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 20:04   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPA
Hi Everyone, Thanks for your support so far.. Looking forward to helping / supporting all you Ford owners out there.. Let me know if you have any questions on any of our products for the Fords etc..
Welcome! I just did?

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:43   #9 (permalink)

Maybe my question was too hard! Scared you off!?

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:19   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Ever consider it may not have been a technical person that logged in on the account and only a sales rep? Not giving excuses, but you may want to consider that not all sales reps are going to be able to answer tech questions.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons