Ford Forums banner

Welcome aboard to CAPA

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  emzy1988 
#1 ·
I'd like to welcome the team at C.A.P.A Performance as members of our sponsor team.

Their Banners and links will be up shortly. In the mean time you can use this space to ask them questions about products. Stay tuned for valued discounts that only FordForums.com Members will be getting

Cheers
John

#3 ·
Welcome CAPA!

About time you realized you guys sell to much Holden Crap and not enough Ford Performance Products! :hy:

Seems the edit is working well, in the right hands. One new custom tuner has said to me "you have to be a computer guru to fully understand the flexibility of the SCT edit"

Its easy to tell he's a Holden fan! Ah well, at least he's on the right track now!

#5 ·
Hello Tony, oh great one! Does this mean we can communicate with you other than faxing you or F*****G off. Welcome to the Ford fold. I told you there's a shit load of Falcon nutbags out here waiting for some good mods. I'm holding off on my recent purchase to milk a bit more out of the N/A tune Simon massaged for me. It's Craig by the way......

#6 ·
Question for you to think about CAPA-

If my understanding is correct, the ECU in BA falcons have the ability to "learn" things and change parameters to accomodate things like bigger air intake etc. Cars will inevitably run better with more time, as the ECU learns how to better manage the change it has received.

The flash tuner has the ability to "suck out" the existing factory program, and store it while a new map is inserted into the car, right?

If, for arguments sake, i re load the factory program into my car and send it in to the dealers for a service, and they do their own ECU upgrade, is the factory program i now have stored in the box when i unload it next, or is there a generic stock program stored in the box itself?

If the box programs can be edited by dealers, is there any reason why, for arguements sake, i could replace all 3 programs with 3x 10 psi custom tunes from 3 different custom tuners, and load them individually into a test car, do a dyno run with each program under the exact same conditions to determine if one custom tuner is better or has done a better tune for the car?

Kind of like battle of the custom tuners? :hy:

#8 ·
CAPA said:
Hi Everyone, Thanks for your support so far.. Looking forward to helping / supporting all you Ford owners out there.. Let me know if you have any questions on any of our products for the Fords etc..
Welcome! I just did?

#9 ·
Maybe my question was too hard! Scared you off!?

#11 ·
Dannopower said:
Maybe my question was too hard! Scared you off!?
If i may, i would just like to say that we cant always be on hand to answer the questions that are put forward to us everyday, i try and visit forums to check what has been asked but its not always possible, please be patient with these ppl as they have to give there time when they can.

Ill get this seen to for you :)

#12 ·
Dannopower said:

If my understanding is correct, the ECU in BA falcons have the ability to "learn" things and change parameters to accomodate things like bigger air intake etc. Cars will inevitably run better with more time, as the ECU learns how to better manage the change it has received.

The flash tuner has the ability to "suck out" the existing factory program, and store it while a new map is inserted into the car, right?

If, for arguments sake, i re load the factory program into my car and send it in to the dealers for a service, and they do their own ECU upgrade, is the factory program i now have stored in the box when i unload it next, or is there a generic stock program stored in the box itself?

If the box programs can be edited by dealers, is there any reason why, for arguements sake, i could replace all 3 programs with 3x 10 psi custom tunes from 3 different custom tuners, and load them individually into a test car, do a dyno run with each program under the exact same conditions to determine if one custom tuner is better or has done a better tune for the car?

The factory program must be flashed back into the car, if Ford attempt a flash on a program left in the vehicle, the Ford upgrade will be burnt to the PCM, leaving the flashtuner with no "signature" leaving it redundant and in need of a trip to the US.

The indivual dealers have this information so as to inform the customer as to how best protect their car and their tunes.

Chris.

#13 ·
Bluepower said:
The factory program must be flashed back into the car, if Ford attempt a flash on a program left in the vehicle, the Ford upgrade will be burnt to the PCM, leaving the flashtuner with no "signature" leaving it redundant and in need of a trip to the US.

The indivual dealers have this information so as to inform the customer as to how best protect their car and their tunes.

Chris.
Ok, thanks Chris and Simon. I understand you guys are busy with the success of these flash tuners, but its great to know that people that have heard all the sales pitches and gone out and paid for the tuner already can actually ask questions to get a better understanding of their purchase.

#14 ·
Dannopower said:

Sorry for the delay... :zzz:

To answer your question...

The flash tuner saves the original factory program to the box, so you can later return it to stock.. Thus when ever returning the car back to standard it will resort to this original program stored in the flash tuner..
If you have a re-flash done by a Ford dealer, (and providing you have returned the vehicle to factory setting prior to getting it done) you can get your Flash tuner Dealer to unlock the Flash tuner to accept the current updated program in the factory position.. :hy:
It really isn't much of an issue unless the reflash actually fixes something..

Yes i couldn't see why it can't be done, however you will probably get charged for custom tunes each time and hope they save only one program to the flash tuner each , ensuring not over-ride an existing tuners program.. :shh:

#15 ·
Why is the Capa product so expensive.
The sct product for a 2005 mustang is $375.00 usd :booty:

AT TODAYS RATE 375.00 USD = 493.00 AUD.

How does the same system cost 1295.00n aud

Do you fly each unit in its own plane seat on Qantas.

Fair Question :hy:
Expect fair answer :hy:

Brett

#16 ·
i've also got a question, i recently changed the diff in my futura, (3.25 for 3.73 lsd) and now at full throttle the car hits the rev limiter instead of changing gears, this is due to the computer being confused by the road speed not being as fast as it expects for the revs.

my question, would the capa be able to fix this problem?

Des.

#17 ·
BAGTHO said:

Brett
They charge that cos that seems to be the going price for any type of tune here in Aus. lol. but as soon as they are less than $500 i'm there!

#18 ·
BAGTHO said:

Brett
It would have to do with the market. Here in the states they would sell far more tuners to a larger audience than they would in AU. Also understand that this is a fairly new market in AU and that is pretty much the established rate for tuning.

As an example. The same tuning for Holdens in AU is nearly 4 - 6 times more than in the states on similar cars/engines. It all has to do with the market and the amount of product sold.

Look at things that Rob Herrod sells. The same headers, same intakes, same TBs, same shifter gates, same shift kits, same gears can be obtained in the US for 1/4 to 3/4 the difference in pricing. All has to do with marketing.

Rob's 6speed shifter replacement 550AU supplied and 650AU fitted. You can get the same thing here in the states supplied 233AU - 324AU and fitted 259AU - 356AU. It all depends on where you buy it from.

Market has a bigger role than expected.

#19 ·
dawal5 said:
i've also got a question, i recently changed the diff in my futura, (3.25 for 3.73 lsd) and now at full throttle the car hits the rev limiter instead of changing gears, this is due to the computer being confused by the road speed not being as fast as it expects for the revs.

my question, would the capa be able to fix this problem?

Des.
The problem you have Des can be rectified with the edit mate :hy:

#20 ·
at the risk of sounding dumb.... the edit is the same thing as the flash isn't it?

i'm obviously quite new to computer tuning and such. but you can only learn one way!!

#22 ·
excellent, i've read the website and am now confident i know what is going on. looks like a good product, what sort of increase in power can i expect from a na 6cyl ba?

#24 ·
is the custom tune included in the purchase price?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.