well, it happened - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2004, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
.au member

well, it happened

It sucks too - the front of my car is totally stuffed after i got hit by a Patrol then shunted into a Statesman. Went to pull a U-Turn, looked, looked, looked again and then outta nowhere came a Patrol with a bullbar - have a guess which out of it and my EF came off second best.

Entire front bar - gone. Front quarter panels - gone. Steering - gone. All fixable and lucky enough to have been helped out by a really nice smash repair guy who is fixing it all for me, but still, id like to make sure i know what tp look for and all that once i get it back.

Naturally the car wont be as good as it was before the crash (just something about them, once theyre in a crash they're always sorta 'scarred' from it, as am i!), so I will be selling it and moving up ASAP, but I will need it for at least another 6 months. So, is there anything I should look out for when I get the car back? Any problems that are common after this sort of thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2004, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: well, it happened

Well get a wheel alignment asap, and see what they say, not much you can really do, other than be happy with the job thats done or complain :0)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 20:24   #3 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Looks like that drag wth your mates VL will haveto be postponed
Old 01-13-2004, 20:30   #4 (permalink)

damn, this sounds like what happened to another person on these forums, shame to hear that had to happen :/
hopefully its not too bad once its fixed.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:21   #5 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

man!!
I was clicking in here to see that you had wiped the smile from a VL owner.
DAMN! That really sucks.
Are you sure it's repairable? With that sort of damage I would have thought an EF would be a write off.
Actually you may be better off just getting the insurance company to pay out on it instead. As you said the car will never be the same.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:30   #6 (permalink)

ur lucky its still repairable my chassis rails were twisted and my engine moved 2 inches to the right of where it shoulda been oh well its all in pieces now ready for EF!! good luck with the repairs
1994 White ED Futura Classic, clear front indicators, au2 clear side indicators, 95mm ride height obtained via king springs, camber kit, fairmont velour interior, 5" monster tacho, au2 17" xr8 rims, alpine mp3 deck, pioneer ts-d 6.5" front splits, 8" pioneer rear speakers, 50x4rws pioneer amp, 12" mtx thunder 8000 dvc sub, alpine mono block sub amp, k&n pod filter, 4.11's lsd, jmm dev-5 kit
EDFPV-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39   #7 (permalink)
.au member

not sure how bad the damage is as i was carted off to hospital after it, and only got a quick glimpse out at the smash repairs place when we went to do the paperwork.

It's bad, very bad, Ive never seen my car in such a bad shape, luckily the damage is restricted to the front, but thats also the worst place is could be. If the car had have been hit any further back, it would have hit me right in the driver's seat, so I guess I am lucky in that sense. The most unfair thing of all? The woman in the patrol had a bullbar, and the only damage to her car is a dent about the seize of a $5 note in the bullbar, whereas mine is well, screwed.

The car hasnt been assessed yet, the claim has been put in and I have the incident number and all that from the police, but I dont know too much about how insurance works and all that, so I dont know what happens next. The smash repair guy seems to think it is repairable, even though it wouldnt start and wouldnt steer after the hit, so I am slightly scared that it may be a writeoff, even though it is insured for $10k. If it is a writeoff, what happens then? Do I get paid $10K cos thats how much its insured for? I have no idea.

As has been said, it may just be worth doing that, because as much as I love the car, it'll never be the same. Oh well, I guess have to wait and see what happens. Smash repair guy gave me an estimate of 2-3 weeks to fix it, but just dont know yet.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:04   #8 (permalink)

technically yes, if its a write off, then you'll get 10k.
pretty good price for an EF :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:48   #9 (permalink)
.au member

yeah not too bad, better than what i would have got for it being in perfect condition with the mods! Go figure!

Now, what do yuo mean by 'technically'?!

Sorry to rack your brains, I dont have much experience with this (and I wasnt intending to either, but I guess it happens to the best of us).
Old 01-14-2004, 04:52   #10 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

By technically he means that if when the assessor goes out to check out your car if he sees that the rest of the undamaged bits are in great condition & the car looks to be looked after you should get your agreed value .......thats if your policy is agreed value....... if not you get 'Market value' .... which is another story.....

Should the damages come near the 10k mark meaning generally say ballpark $8500 upwards .... then they will total the car. They will then keep he car & pay you the agreed value minus your excess.

They then will sell the damaged car in an auction & keep what money they get for it.

Sometimes you, if you want, can buy the wreck off them. ..... though in this instance it proberly wouldnt be worth it.

If the insurance company deems the car repairable they will repair it & you will have to hand over your excess more than likely to the repairer [ the insurers generally take the excess off the repair bill & the repairers collect it off you before you get the car]

If you need any more info you can PM me

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons