What to do?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2004, 20:53   #1 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

What to do??

ok it's been awhile since I've been on... but I don't know what to do with my old ea (it a ride off). It's just sitting in the shed.. should I try and sell it or get a shell of an ea and put it all in that inc the turbo kit???

what do you guys think??
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: What to do??

i think you mean write-off :0)

Parts are worth more than the car as a whole usally, I would sell everything possible except the turbo, then look to buy an eb or newer and turbo that, depends how much money you got to spend.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 21:03   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

It might even work out cheaper to wreck the EA as Dellboy suggested but put the funds towards adapting the turbo kit to the EL. I only say this because double rego/insurance/etc does add up.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 21:05   #4 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

well I can get a ea shell for $200, and a mate will respray the car for me.. If I do got that I'm thinking of spraying it BA blood orange... then I don't know it I'll want to sell it..
Old 08-09-2004, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman
It might even work out cheaper to wreck the EA as Dellboy suggested but put the funds towards adapting the turbo kit to the EL. I only say this because double rego/insurance/etc does add up.
yeah i agree with jack....

sell it for as much as you can and mod the EL in some way. The EA would be a money pit

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 21:11   #6 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Sell it off and turbo the EL. It wont cost much to adapt the kit. You already new piping and an intercooler because you want to run a front mount, they will be the only parts you have to change to get it all going.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 23:46   #7 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

im oppostie what every ones saying, re-shell the ea. looks heaps better then a ef/el (no offence i still like them but much prefer the ea-ed look) plus there lighter arent they???

Ehab
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 00:10   #8 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

yeah the ea-d are lighter than the el-f. I like the look of the entire e series so looks don't bother me...

so what would be involved in turboing the el compared to an ea??

the kit I have it set up for and ea-d with a top mount intercooler, and 2 large injectors that squirt into the tb... so i'm not too shore how well the el would take it... also the ea would be manuel...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons