Ford Forums banner

What to do first?????

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mother Nature 
#1 ·
Well I have decided to keep the ole' EA as I own her outright & I have done that much to get her mechanically OK that I would hate to sell her & find a new car has all the same problems .......

I have a wish list of things I would love to do & a respray will be the very last on the list due to the dirt roads out here ........ that will happen when they finally tar the road here.......

My wish list reads as this:

Decent exhaust
Set of decent rims
a 4ltr engine & 5spd gear box
lower springs & new shocks
Better breaks
Spoiler kit & side skirts
mmmmmmmmmmm not sure what else but I'm sure I will come up with other things as I go .......

So what do you guys think would be the best to start with ??????????

:fairy

See less See more
#3 ·
if youve done so much to get it mechanically good then why not just sell it if your gonna put in a 4L after all that?
id do shocks and springs, brakes, exhaust, rims, kit, engine/tranny, paint. but if your going to change the colour of the paint i would do that while the engine is out so you can do the bay as well.

#5 ·
if it were me, id probably go in this order:

lowering
then suspension + brakes
then exhaust
then engine+conversion
and finally cosmetics i.e. bodykit - you may find you like the look of it without a kit.

simply cos by lowering it first, you can get your brakes+suspension done to properly suit a lowered car.
id leave the bodykit till last for the reasons stated above.

#6 ·
******* guys .....

I was actually thinking of zorst & then springs/shocks .......... but now I may rethink that ......

No point having a hot sounding car that looks stockers.

NZ PM me with details .......

#8 ·
What to do first?
Have a good breakfast..
Check what the wreckers have in stock or the local nick-a-part has on the cheapie list..
But definately do all the 'sleeper' stuff first, then make it roar

#9 ·
rawlinna said:
What to do first?
Have a good breakfast..
Check what the wreckers have in stock or the local nick-a-part has on the cheapie list..
But definately do all the 'sleeper' stuff first, then make it roar

Nick-a-part??????? never heard of them ........ My local wrecker is over 100k's each way ....... so will more than likely be new parts saved for unfortunatly .....

Looks like it will be shocks & springs first up though .... have been able to get them through a mate locally ;)

#11 ·
If you're worried about parts, consider spending a few hundred on a damaged 4.0 EB/ED. You'll have a spare of every part, plus parts to sell, upgrades ready to go (eg 4.0 engine/MPI) etc etc. Well worth the hassle in my opinion.

Best of luck with it Lisa.

#12 ·
Blurter said:
Crikey MN not sure whether we will be up to seeing a snazzy EA. Who will we pay out on? :razz: :notwthy:

Hahahahahaha Blurter, thats the plan ..... find some other poor sucker to pick on :p

Nah this is a very very long term project that I know I wont get any returns for ....... It will be little by little as I can afford it.

JT .......... thats not a bad idea ...... if anyone hears of someone wanting to give away one let me know :angel: I do have plenty of storage space up here :wnc:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.