What do you pay in insurance for you BA XR6 NA and T? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

What do you pay in insurance for your BA XR6 NA and T?

Just curious to see what variations there are with insurance being paid for either NA or T BA XR6s.... I paid $800 per year for my BA NA XR6....through Suncorp Metway. Has anyone gotten any decent quotes on their Ts? Obviously there will be differences given ages and driving histories, but just curious to see how cheap you can insure a T for! Thanks.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138

Last edited by XRchic; 04-09-2004 at 04:55.
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 04:54   #2 (permalink)
BA XR8

Re: What do you pay in insurance for you BA XR6 NA and T?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Just curious to see what variations there are with insurance being paid for either NA or T BA XR6s.... I paid $800 per year for my BA NA XR6....through Suncorp Metway. Has anyone gotten any decent quotes on their Ts? Obviously there will be differences given ages and driving histories, but just curious to see how cheap you can insure a T for! Thanks.
I pay 620 ish... for the V8. A few speeding fines, and that's for 2 drivers, one just under 30. With AAMI.

Evyl by plate, evil by nature.
Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:09   #3 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kat
I pay 620 ish... for the V8. A few speeding fines, and that's for 2 drivers, one just under 30. With AAMI.
Hey Black Kat, how ya goin? Yeah, I thought the insurance would be pretty high on the 8s too - goes to show I didn't know what I was doing.

I got knocked back plenty of times - was told if you have more than 1 speeding fine per year over the last 5 years, plenty won't offer insurance at all - I had a broker looking for the best deal for me in the end because of this (I get quite a few fines although none since I have had the new beast, funnily enough - have gone through plenty). Funny though, no accidents, but a speeding fine a year is enough for them to think you are a huge risk!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 05:21   #4 (permalink)
BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hey Black Kat, how ya goin? Yeah, I thought the insurance would be pretty high on the 8s too - goes to show I didn't know what I was doing.

I got knocked back plenty of times - was told if you have more than 1 speeding fine per year over the last 5 years, plenty won't offer insurance at all - I had a broker looking for the best deal for me in the end because of this (I get quite a few fines although none since I have had the new beast, funnily enough - have gone through plenty). Funny though, no accidents, but a speeding fine a year is enough for them to think you are a huge risk!

Heya!

I think that the fines should be rated too. Like speeding fines for less than 10 k's should not be taken into consideration for insurance.
It's those damn 50k zones that they've slapped all around town here! I'm so pissed I keep forgetting and getting 53 k's on my fines..!!
The worst thing about those are, that they dropped the limits on country roads around here, that are double the usual road width, and have no pedestrian traffic problems and total open visibility.
Admittedly around town in the middle, you don't really get a chance to get over 50 with all the damn roundabouts and spotlights and crazy, rude, and just uncapable drivers you need to watch for... but sheesh... out of the CBD it's like driving in a paddock, and they've still lowered the limits!

Anyway, bad me, I shouldn't speed no matter what. Serves me right for ignoring that *ting, ting, ting* from the dash.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:31   #5 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Heya!

I think that the fines should be rated too. Like speeding fines for less than 10 k's should not be taken into consideration for insurance.
It's those damn 50k zones that they've slapped all around town here! I'm so pissed I keep forgetting and getting 53 k's on my fines..!!
The worst thing about those are, that they dropped the limits on country roads around here, that are double the usual road width, and have no pedestrian traffic problems and total open visibility.
Admittedly around town in the middle, you don't really get a chance to get over 50 with all the damn roundabouts and spotlights and crazy, rude, and just uncapable drivers you need to watch for... but sheesh... out of the CBD it's like driving in a paddock, and they've still lowered the limits!

Anyway, bad me, I shouldn't speed no matter what. Serves me right for ignoring that *ting, ting, ting* from the dash.
Yeah, you live in the country and the blasted things get ya out there, huh? I totally agree, so many roads out there could easily be set at 130. And there are plenty of roads around in Adelaide that could be bumped up, or at least have variable speed limits like in Melbourne and Sydney - anyone having driven on Anzac Highway in SA will know what I mean - doing 60 on that road at 10pm is just ridiculous. In Melbourne, that would be 70 minimum.

And, like you, most of mine are 71s... Here we seem to get that extra 10kmh, but maybe that is coz most of the 60 zones should be 70 anyway - in Melbourne you get a lot less leeway (like 3 over?) but their speed limits are a lot more reasonable on given roads, and their road system is a lot better than ours with the Western Ring Road, to name one, even given their larger population - freeways like that go a long way in reducing driver frustration, even in high volume traffic!

Funny that I have never had a fine yet in the 10 months I have had the black beast, I have gone through plenty and even gotten the flash, but no fine. Was wondering if it was something to do with my black plates, but since you have black plates too, and get fines, then perhaps I was clutching at straws. Whatever it is, I won't complain though!

See my sig! Ha ha.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 06:45   #6 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

When i get my XR6T i'll pay about $3,600 a year.
It sux being a 20 year old male sometimes.

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:06   #7 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

"Speed" cameras don't get me started on them. Everyone knows 5 kays over is speeding. My insurance is pretty expensive but cheaper than I expected. 1500 for a year with rac. Dosnt help being 21 although im 22 in may.
gabbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:12   #8 (permalink)
BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbs19
"Speed" cameras don't get me started on them. Everyone knows 5 kays over is speeding. My insurance is pretty expensive but cheaper than I expected. 1500 for a year with rac. Dosnt help being 21 although im 22 in may.
Actually, it's only 3 k's now and you're speeding. They lowered the percentage.

I can't help it! 50 k's is like.. nearly 3rd gear!

Old 04-09-2004, 08:28   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Actually, it's only 3 k's now and you're speeding. They lowered the percentage.

I can't help it! 50 k's is like.. nearly 3rd gear!
Yeah. And the thing is that the speed cameras themselves are not the issue, it is how they are applied. I have more problems, really, with the given speed limits on certain roads - some roads are just so frustratingly slow.

The only real problem I have with speed cameras and being 3, 5 or 10 km over is their accuracy - I dont think they are accurate enough to be able to give a 3km margin for error. In Melbourne, I went through one of those things that advise you of your speed. Dual lane highway. I had cc set at 100. My Dad was next to me with cc almost perfectly matched to mine. The speed advisor thingy said I was doing 107, and at exactly the same time in the next lane, that my Dad was doing 105!!!! My GPS said I was doing 97 and presumably Dad had matched my speed to within one km/h.

Not accurate enough - perhaps the speed cameras use different technology, but all the same, there are accuracy doubts with them.

But mostly, my probs are with the set speed limits in my state, lack of variable speed limits on roads that need them, and really silly application of speeding laws in areas that are not black spots - I am all for road safety - the cameras should be in problem areas and the revenue raised should go back into the roads and perhaps driver education and training.

Please be aware that I do not have any problem with the guys who enforce the laws either, they're just doing their jobs - except for maybe that guy that sits just south of the NT/SA border with his camera......

I will accept that if I get fined it was because I broke the law, I just don't much like that law and think it needs changing.

That's it -
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 17:59   #10 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

N/A BA XR6 - $479 thorugh Allianz.
Last speedinf fine was about 5 years ago, prior to that was 1988, despite owning 351 LTD, Mustang and 2 XR6's!!
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons