What Im doing to my bottom! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2004, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
EA FALCON

Wink What Im doing to my bottom!

Well fully disembled the engine last night, Im going to be doing bits at a time starting with the bottom end and moving up.

I have found a place that will machine, bore and clean the crank-block aswell as the crank if it needs it and will measure and order the oversize pistons and rings, as well as a full bearing and gasket set already for me to take home and assemble for $1200. Sounds good enough to me so Im working an saving so I can do the bottom end then once that is done I will move to the top and order the Dev5 JMM, when money allows it.

Im just wondering if from a wrecker or a shop if u can buy a new set of bolts for the whole front of the engine or the entire engine??? Is this possible.
CURTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 06:39   #2 (permalink)
{';'}

Re: What Im doing to my bottom!

Curtis, just wondering whether you have experience with all this, or if you've just decided to give it a crack? Looks like you're slowly moving along anyway, top stuff. Oh, and take some pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:56   #3 (permalink)
wants a manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURTIS
Well fully disembled the engine last night, Im going to be doing bits at a time starting with the bottom end and moving up.

I have found a place that will machine, bore and clean the crank-block aswell as the crank if it needs it and will measure and order the oversize pistons and rings, as well as a full bearing and gasket set already for me to take home and assemble for $1200. Sounds good enough to me so Im working an saving so I can do the bottom end then once that is done I will move to the top and order the Dev5 JMM, when money allows it.

Im just wondering if from a wrecker or a shop if u can buy a new set of bolts for the whole front of the engine or the entire engine??? Is this possible.
$1200 sounds a bit pricy for a reco bottom end and you have to assemble it. where did you get the quote from? i know of a good engine reconditiong shop in melbourne who could do it cheaper than that.

why do you want new bolts? you only need new ones for the head. shouldnt cost any more than $50.
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:08   #4 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

new bolts would be shiney? CURTIS! I got a bit worried when I saw the thread title. lol. As John_XR6 said 1200 sounds a bit much... but I really have no idea. Anyone?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:22   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Me wants to know also, why new bolts? You could replace broken ones from a wrecker easily enough, but new? Why?

Yeah, $1200 sounds steep.
Who said that? Bob Campbells?

I wouldn't put the value of block work at much more than $400.
Crank - maybe up to $200. IF you balance it. I wouldn't.

So he's supplying $6-700 in pistons, bearings, and rings? Those are damn good pistons!
Head bolts I get from Veales for $35 the set.

I suggest you look around a little more, ring ACL, etc. I reckon you might be able to do a little better, myself.

Alex

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 16:30   #6 (permalink)
EA FALCON

oh k ill give it a go, i just wanted new bolts for the front of the engine because it has no accesories on the front.
CURTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 17:12   #7 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf

1200 pricey???

thats cheap!

my machine work alone was 1100 for the block, rods and crank.

add in a oversize piston kit bearing and rings..gaskets,seals, should be closer to 1800 bucks. a full reco is around 2400 including assembly and reco of the head, far as i am concerned he got a good deal.

as for bolts... take all your old ones into a bolt shop, they match them all up.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 21:56   #8 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

i hope for the sake of a ford you know what you're doing :D
Old 04-19-2004, 22:57   #9 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

$2400 for a reco???
Mate I can pick up a reco engine from Gem or somebody for $1800! I knew stuff was more expensive over there, but I didn't know it was that bad!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:01   #10 (permalink)
EFXR62

Curtis, have you bought another car to use while you 'rebuild' your one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons