what mods to get BA xr8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 03:36   #1 (permalink)
nob294

what mods to get BA xr8

Hello to all,
I have a 01/2004 BA XR8 ute. Auto, Blood Orange, stock standard. Was wondering what mods give the best power for money. I also have a limited budget, so smaller mods more often would slip under the wife to be's radar.

Regards,
Rob
nob294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 05:14   #2 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

Re: what mods to get BA xr8

G'day Rob,
Currently I have only changed my center muffler with twin manta hotdogs, and upsized that section of the pipe to 2 1/2 inch. Cost only $360 bucks fitted and gave a slightly nicer note and economy is better but only just, defenitely drives like a better motor. Even wife noticed it drove better and thats saying somethin!

There is alot on here about the CAI kits, Prices vary but around $600 for ss including Pod filter, battens also does one and it sounds like it has good improvements +-10rwkw. i am getting this done as soon as the TAX Cheque comes through along with the pacemaker Extrators and possibly the SS 80mm throttlebody. Some blokes have also fitted the Helix spacer and battens does these along with herrod, not sure on price but sure someone will fill you in. there is big raving about the underdrive pullies and apparently for about $750? they also give good improvements but have read some guys having clutch probs??

This is only what I have seen from reading the feedback on the site, but most the blokes sound pretty happy. Hope the input helps, check out the signatures on the Gregory's FPV Forum of some of the guys and this will give you a good indication of what they are doing to the boss motors.

Hope the info helps mate, enjoy the Beast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons