What are your favourite racing Fords? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 06:41   #1 (permalink)

What are your favourite racing Fords?

If you suddenly had the ability to aquire five famous Ford racecars, what would they be? , heres my list;

1)Allan Moffat's 1971 bathurst winning series production GT-HO Phase 3.
The most famous HO which dominated the 1971 Hardie Ferodo 1000, not even a beer carton could stop neither it, nor Moffat.

2)Allan Moffat's Coca Cola Mustang Boss 302. If you've ever seen it, you'd want it. 101 race wins from 151 race starts. Wheels magazine described it as 'sex on wheels', damn straight!

3)Ian 'Pete' Geoghagen's 600bhp Superfalcon, one of two built. Well who wouldn't want a 600hp GT-HO?

4)Ian 'Pete' Geoghagen's '67 Mustang Notchback. Nearly unbeatable, Pete got it VERY sideways.

5)Marcos ambrose's 2003-2004 (and maybe 2005?) V8 supercar championship winning Pirtek Falcon. i always wanted a V8 supercar, not a bad race history either.

What would your list be?
XlR8_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 05:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: What are your favourite racing Fords?

1. Moffs 69 trans am by far.
2. 67 - 68 trans am mustangs were super tough and super simple, basic cages, very little in signage and no silly gimicks just pure unmuffled racers.
3. The 64 falcons Gardner raced in the 60s
Old 11-04-2005, 03:45   #3 (permalink)

Re: What are your favourite racing Fords?

The Dick Johnson True Blu XD Falcons 1980/81 because otherwise I would not be a Ford Fan

When I watched Bathurst in 1980 and saw all the money that was being pledged to Dick I thought that these Ford people are great (I was about 8 at the time)
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons