Whats better ss cai or capa cai - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 01:29   #1 (permalink)

Whats better ss cai or capa cai

I am going to get a Cold air induction for my BA wich is best ss inductions one or capas one or is there a beter option?
Goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 22:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: Whats better ss cai or capa cai

The do it yourself ba xr8 snorkel CAI is the best and cheapest. Do a search and you will find the info I did
Old 10-26-2005, 23:39   #3 (permalink)

for the money u spend, most ppl dont think its worth it for the ss inductions unit. I did the xr8 2nd cai and noticed improved fuel consumption. not sure about power or sound, but hey it was cheap and quick and gives alomost as good a result at a fraction of the price
'02 BA XL c/chassis manual ute, Blue Pearl factory, 17' Akuza's, 20% tints, XR6T Snorkle, XR8 2nd CAI, BMC Filter, HPC Advance Headers, 2.5" exhaust, Alpine TypeR 5x7's, 2 X Alpine amps, Rockford 10" killer audio
eMPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:29   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
I am going to get a Cold air induction for my BA wich is best ss inductions one or capas one or is there a beter option?
Both a CAPA and SS are a waste of money. get in touch with Chris at Bluepower in Victoria and he can supply you with a very good air box and pod
Old 10-27-2005, 18:09   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Both a CAPA and SS are a waste of money. get in touch with Chris at Bluepower in Victoria and he can supply you with a very good air box and pod
What he said^^^^^
THCinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 18:12   #6 (permalink)

You are best off getting that cai off BPT ordered from them and do it yourself rather than chris from blue power

for some reason i was charged $100 more from chris than the BPT setup not including the $50 for having him install it for me. and the job wasn't even complete. missing parts. and screws are coming out.. i tried going back to get him fix it and i just get stuffed about..

best off doing that bpt setup urself and i would say its just as affective as the ss cai perhaps even better..

http://norcom.net.au/~bpt/Induction%20Kits.htm

is ur car turbo n/a or v8 ?

ur best off going to ford spare parts and buying the turbo snorkel for $29 or $25 rather than paying $45 for it off bpt. just make sure u tell him u have that snorkel if u do order it from them
the devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 18:27   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the devil
You are best off getting that cai off BPT ordered from them and do it yourself rather than chris from blue power

for some reason i was charged $100 more from chris than the BPT setup not including the $50 for having him install it for me. and the job wasn't even complete. missing parts. and screws are coming out.. i tried going back to get him fix it and i just get stuffed about..

best off doing that bpt setup urself and i would say its just as affective as the ss cai perhaps even better..

ur best off going to ford spare parts and buying the turbo snorkel for $29 or $25 rather than paying $45 for it off bpt. just make sure u tell him u have that snorkel if u do order it from them
I will have a chat to Chris, and see whats going on?
You seem to be the first for complaints, as I have heard nothing but praise
for what he has done......
If I had to order something in for a customer, there would obviously be a delivery and margin% slapped on top of it all.(NO ONE WORKS FOR ZILCH CHAMP).
Anyways, if you want to hear a few horror stories, im just your man............
Old 10-27-2005, 18:29   #8 (permalink)

PM on its way champ.
Old 10-27-2005, 22:13   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the devil

Greetings Andrew,

I am sorry to learn of your dissapointment with our service. This is a first for me, so please bear with me.

My advice to you was to leave the car standard, as your budget was not suffice enough to make difference enough to justify the cost.

You made the undertaking that the BPT setup was what you wanted right or wrong, so i procured one for you. The pricing of the BPT kit does not include everything required to retro from an NA 6 setup.

Also, at the time that you questioned the cost, i showed you the copys of my invoices from Courtney and Patterson Ford, and indicated to you that i was absorbing a loss. Yet you maintain otherwise........

The amount of phonecalls i fielded from yourself regarding this matter, together with the loss on the CAI made it a financial disaster. You even purchased some of the kit part components yourself AND BROKE UP THE KIT and you wonder why it was so expensive?

I should have had you sussed when you offered me the DEVILR numberplates for $15,000.

Enjoy your fathers lease vehicle. I suggest if you have any further abusive things to say, i will PM you my solicitors details, but id much rather you be a man about it and come see me in person. Happy to make you a coffee and listen to your side of the story.

Sidenote - as we have just released our new CAI as used on Australia's fastest NA XR8, we have been selling the BPT CAI's second hand for less than half price.

Regards

Chris

Last edited by Bluepower; 10-27-2005 at 22:14. Reason: spelling
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 00:23   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

mmm, this sounds like it's getting interesting. Just a friendly reminder to anyone that plans on adding their 2c worth;

a) keep this thread on topic
b) no personal attacks or discrediting of individuals or their business (especially Forum Sponsors).

Anything outside of this use the PM system if you must.

Cheers

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons