What's the difference - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2006, 03:27   #1 (permalink)

What's the difference

Hi,

Asking this for a mate of mine, he has a v2 on his VN ss and is looking at swaping to a v1 T trim. From what i can see from the spec sheets on your website the only physical size difference between the two is the T trim has a .25" bigger inlet, is this the only difference or is the outlet larger aswell.

Thx Leigh

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2006, 03:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: What's the difference

Also what's the cog setup worth for a Ba xr8, blower cog and crank cog with new belt.

Old 08-21-2006, 00:57   #3 (permalink)

Got the info off vortech for the blower sizing, any idea of a price for the cog setup.

Old 08-28-2006, 16:48   #4 (permalink)

The Air inlet is the only dimensional difference between the V-2 SQ unit and the T-Trim.. But obviously the T-Trim will displace alot more air flow, for larger diplacement engines..

The 50mm Gilmer kit for the BA V8 is worth $1,700.oo (this includes s/c pulley, crank pulley, tensioner assy, all bolts and belt)
CAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 17:35   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPA
The Air inlet is the only dimensional difference between the V-2 SQ unit and the T-Trim.. But obviously the T-Trim will displace alot more air flow, for larger diplacement engines..

The 50mm Gilmer kit for the BA V8 is worth $1,700.oo (this includes s/c pulley, crank pulley, tensioner assy, all bolts and belt)
Thanks for the info. How many teeth/cog's are on the crank pulley, i would assume as the blower pulley get's smaller to up the boost it runs less teeth on it.

Old 08-30-2006, 16:54   #6 (permalink)

Correct, The crank runs 88T and the supercharger can run any where from 38T to 28T (in roughly 2 teeth increments) It all depends on the boost you want to run..
Old 08-30-2006, 23:22   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Correct, The crank runs 88T and the supercharger can run any where from 38T to 28T (in roughly 2 teeth increments) It all depends on the boost you want to run..
Looking to run 9lb's still, 36 tooth pulley for that. How much would an extra crank pulley be if i wanted to buy one at later date, more boost.

Also one more quick question would a YSI trim blower at 9lb's make more down low power than a V-2 SQ trim unit or would the be roughly the same.

Old 08-31-2006, 00:41   #8 (permalink)

No you change the s/c pulley to run more boost later on.. Crank pulley stays the same.. What boot you running now on the ribbed system?? What pulley sizes we can work from that..

No.. The V2 will make more low down power.. Its like putting an over size turbo on a too small engine.. YSi unit will be better on a big engine.... (more air flow, larger capacity etc...)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:06   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
No you change the s/c pulley to run more boost later on.. Crank pulley stays the same.. What boot you running now on the ribbed system?? What pulley sizes we can work from that..

No.. The V2 will make more low down power.. Its like putting an over size turbo on a too small engine.. YSi unit will be better on a big engine.... (more air flow, larger capacity etc...)
Lol i meant blower pulley not crank. Not sure on the exact size's of the pulley's i have now but it's running 9lb's, i'd go check but my car isn't local atm.

I am looking to rebuild the engine (heads/cams/billet internals) toward's the end of the year and want to chase a touch more power, i have come across a polished YSI for $3ooo which has only ever had 3 dyno passes before it was switched out for a huge D3R procharger. Was thinking of slapping it on my car asap if i bought it but i don't want to loose low down power if i do, till i rebuild the engine i don't want to push more top end power than i already am.

Old 09-04-2006, 00:38   #10 (permalink)

If you did that mate, you can go from there further for sure.. We have just finished tuning one in North QLD with a workshop up there, with about 15psi boost, making a clean 750rwhp in a ute!!!!

So you do the home work and build a good strong enigne that breathes, the limit at the end of it will be you behind the wheel..

The YSi with 9psi will be made easier than a V2-Sq on the same engine, and will me more reliable as you wont be turning the unit so hard..

It is well worth it... but make sure if you are to do it, do it all properly without cutting corners along the way, and it will be an AWESOME motor car once finished..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons