Whats The Weirdest Defect Notices You've Heard? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 23:29   #1 (permalink)

Whats The Weirdest Defect Notices You've Heard?

As alot of us own modified cars which by the coppas perspective we can have parts or objects which can be deemed illegal, unroadworthy or just plain distracting.

Im sure people have been defected for certain things maybe for the right reasons but there can be times when it comes to the crunch where the police are all over your car to pin you for something but they cant. So in the end just so it doesnt look like they havent wasted your time and there doing there job by the book well they decide to get you on something to keep the bosses happy back at hq and so what do they get you for.........

There all over your car asking for engineering certificates once they clear all that up and once you think everything is a-ok they book you all because they cant see your seat belts in the back seat???. Obviously you show them you have seat belts and there reply would be, i have to stick my head inside the car to see them otherwise there not visible!!!

Has Anybody heard or maybe been in scenario's similiar to this???
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2005, 01:09   #2 (permalink)
XR82GO

Re: Whats The Weirdest Defect Notices You've Heard?

I had a off duty copper come into work and try to book me for driving in a manner that creates undue noise.

I had driven off from work like a bloody granny get back from the shop and in the shed start eating my lunch and this guy comes in. HIM: You know who we work for he says , whilst flipping his badge.
ME: Yeah what now
HIM: I should book you for the way you drove off here 15minutes ago
ME: Umm yeah what for mate
HIM: The way you were driving was agressive and loud
ME: I didnt drive in any such manner, I didnt not even so much as chirp a tyre, I didn't break the speed limit at all, I didnt accelerate eraticly
HIM: Well I saw you, and I should defect you for your exuast as well.
ME: Good luck mate its tested under the DB rating, Its a owner certified mod, and its passed a emmisions test
HIM: Ummm well it isnt factory piping its heaps bigger
Me: Nup there are dual 2 1/4 inch pipes under there just like stock just with different mufflers.
HIM: your wheels are way to big
ME: Nup 18x8's were standard on the pursuit250's and even if they werent I can still go one inch bigger and increase the track by up to 1 inch as well meaning half an inch on each tyre. Before I would need an engineers report
Him: Your ute sits to low as well
Me: here we go, look mate you can get your roller under it as proven many a time before. Would you like an engineers report just to prove all this to you as I can have one in the station by tomorrow if you like.
HIM: No need to be like that I'm just warning you if I see you driving like that again I'll throw the book at you.
ME: Whats your name and badge number sir ?
Him: Gives details
ME: Enjoy you day mate and if you dont mind I'm finishing my lunch before it gets cold.

Half the time I think the dodgy coppers try to get you to admit to having a defect that doesnt exist so they can give you a ticket for it knowing you wont challenge it. Not this little black duck. I'll cop it sweet on the chin if deserved but never for some thing I didnt do or isnt correct.

The latest a unmarked HWY PAT BA xr8 speed cam on the dash driving around town with green P Plates Funny you have to be on your full licence to be in the Hwy patrol.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:47   #3 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

a friend of mine , was doing something illegal .. however the cops couldnt prove he was doing this illegal act, in his car.. gave him a defect for a missing screw in his rear Left side speaker in the parcel shelf .. under being not secured and dangerous or somehting.. petty crap.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:17   #4 (permalink)

I once had a cop look under the bonnet of my LTD and ask me if the supercharger was engineered i looked at him and said "what" and he pointed to the air conditioning compressor ?????
So after looking like a dick he defected me for a chrome air cleaner.
mattlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:36   #5 (permalink)

From what i hear anything that isnt standard on your car you can get defected for. My mate drives a el with stripes on it and he actually nearly had a cop defect him for it cause it wasnt standard?
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
what u lookin at

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG-40L
From what i hear anything that isnt standard on your car you can get defected for. My mate drives a el with stripes on it and he actually nearly had a cop defect him for it cause it wasnt standard?
i think its more a matter that if a cop wants to defect you, he can and will somehow....
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 16:17   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

The silliest one I have heard is for an empty windscreen washer reservoir - which goes along with the previous post.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 21:11   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG-40L
Wherever you live it sounds like that cop is in a 1950s timewarp. Back in the days of beige and blandness. Reminds me of me grandfather. "look at that ,....... that's disgusting" every 5 seconds. Insert ear ring, nose ring, colour of skin, length of hair etc.....
Old 02-06-2005, 21:13   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
The silliest one I have heard is for an empty windscreen washer reservoir - which goes along with the previous post.
Now I can understand them giving you defect notice for that. I know people who are actually proud of the number of things on their car (wipers, horn etc) dont work. It is their way of prooving they own a real muscle car. And airconditioning, gees thats the first thing you rip off, its much cooler (?) to take your shirt off.
Old 02-07-2005, 00:07   #10 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Nah it wasn't me (not me driving or my car), it was one of the work utes, they were pulling over all the tradies. This was a Hilux only a couple of years old, they were determined to do everybody. They also got upset at the orange flashing lights on top too, said they weren't allowed despite being told the ute is used for side-of-the-road work where such lights are required.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons