What's a XW HO worth? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
low n' loud XY351

What's a XW HO worth?

A friend of mine has stumbled across what he believes to be a genuine XW phase 2 HO that has been parked in a shed for 20 years! The old bloke is thinking of selling it to him and he's asked me what I reckon it's worth. Apparently it's all original. Motor hasn't started since it was parked and he says the tyres are rooted and the five slot wheels have surface rust (I'm dying at this point of the conversation!) paint is good, interior is good.
Don't even bother asking me who, where, etc as he won't even tell me. The bastard just grins and says it's really close to where we live and he'll tell me if he decides he doesn't want it. I believe him because he's a few years older than me and not really into cars.....He just has seen mine and that was what made the XW catch his eye!...............Arrrgghhh

I thought this sort of thing had stopped happening with these cars years ago!
DRTY HO
lownloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 05:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: What's a XW HO worth?

I'd say about $40000
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 05:47   #3 (permalink)
Coupe XA

heaps if i had one i wouldnt sell it for anything
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:18   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

there will always be these types of car locked in peoples sheds and forgotten about. the bonus is for them...the longer they are forgotten about the better for them.
basically you think of any imagineable price and if this guy knows what his got then thats what youll pay.
if anyone here is smart maybe they should lock away theier brand new GTP for 30 or 40 years and walk out a millionaire at retirement time.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:25   #5 (permalink)
Coupe XA

davway
if anyone here is smart maybe they should lock away theier brand new GTP for 30 or 40 years and walk out a millionaire at retirement time.

yeah but what will u run them on hmmmmm
Old 07-05-2004, 06:32   #6 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by benXaGt

yeah but what will u run them on hmmmmm
not the point really. in 30-40 years if youve got a GTP with basically no Ks on it, no rust and is in as new condition when every other GTP is either fully restored or sitting at the wreckers rusted out then youve got a money machine on your hands compared to one that has had 3 engine/box rebuilds, countless restorations, rust cut out and isnt in original as new factory trim. you tell me which is gonna be worth more.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:58   #7 (permalink)
Coupe XA

yes ok you are right about the investment side of it it will be worth "shed loads".
I reckon you would have to be a Holden owner to be able to do this because i know i would not be able to keep it in the shed for that long without driving it lol
Old 07-05-2004, 16:06   #8 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Sounds like it will need the motor apart for inspection having sat that long, as well as anything rubber in the car replaced, etc, etc. Hard to put a price on really, how many miles has it done and is the old bloke the original owner? XWs had a 5 digit odo so that will only show up to 100,000 so you would want documentation to establish the true reading.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 16:20   #9 (permalink)

As someone pointed out, mechanically its going to be rooted.
So your up for an engine rebuild, gearbox, diff, all rubbers, all brakes, basically everything mechanical that needs lubrication will need to be replaced.

Having said all that, a genuine, excellent condition Phase II, with low miles will bring close to $80k. However, paint and interior are not going to be in excellent condition either if it hasnt had air flow through it. And if you have to touch paint, your up for basically a full freshen up, which wont leave you much change from $20k, and then it wont bring an unrestored cars price.

Given all that, $40k is probably a decent starting point, and start adding for all maintenance items.

However, before he buys it, have tags, body type, welds and gearbox and diff tags checked. You would be surprised how many bogus cars were put in garages and left for 20 years. There are plenty of people in the GT fraternity who will cheerfully help with the identification process.

All in all, good luck and a great catch. Hope it turns out to be the real thing for him. Phase II's are catching up to Phase III's in the appeal stakes rapidly.
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:06   #10 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

And if he does buy her make sure he sure as hell look's after her, these vehicle's as described, in my opinion should only go to true GT enthuist's, I'm not saying he's not but just as long as he doesn't doctor it up,
I don't think I could be bothered putting a GT-P of today in a shed for 30 odd yr's because it won't be worth as much like the GT's of the muscle car era, probably only get 5-10g for it in 30 yr's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons