Ford Forums banner

wheel lock nut remover

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  AU2XR85.0 
#1 ·
I've lost the special nut to open my wheel nuts.
Does anyone know the easy way to open it? or is there any special tool to do the job?
I have asked the dealer and they'll charge me $160 for labor only!!!

#3 ·
use your teeth... its that easy.
:)

#6 ·
atec77 said:
Go buy a pair of vice grips and have at it .
but of course... that'll endanger your wheels....

#13 ·
Thank you all the inputs :hy: , I saved $154, enough to buy everyone here a beer?? :priest:
Here is what I saw when I took the wheel out, come on Ford, you know it is going to be rust and cover it with a black..... metal sheet :booty:
What do you think?

#14 ·
I know this has been answered now but just for an interesting comparison ...

I was in a similar situation although my lock nut adapter thing was already lost when i bought the car ...

Went to Bob Jane they told me i'd have to leave the car for half a day and there would be a risk of wheel damage ...

Went to Tempe tyres ... they charged me $30 for the removal of the old ones and supply of new lock nuts ... it took them 10 minutes on the spot ....

#16 ·
xare6t said:
Thank you all the inputs :hy: , I saved $154, enough to buy everyone here a beer?? :priest:
Here is what I saw when I took the wheel out, come on Ford, you know it is going to be rust and cover it with a black..... metal sheet :booty:
What do you think?
Invest in some hi-temp paint, thats what i did to both my XR's, beats lookin at rusty rotors. :beerbottl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.