Ford Forums banner

When will MkII prices be released???

5K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  Rodderz 
#1 ·
So they've done the little spoiler thing on the VZ and released specs in the same week as the Commodore's launch, but now the Holden's on sale when are we actually going to see the prices for the MkII Falcon?

I'm interested to see how much extra Ford think the 6 speed is worth and what they're going to do about things like Manual/Auto being same price on SV6 and other things in line with the small price rise the VZ got.

Ford in now cheaper model for model than Commodore for the first time I can remember. Will they keep that advantage after MkII is released???.

#2 ·
I'd suggest that Ford are still thinking about component upgrades and potential power upgrades to aggressively take on the VZ.

Still up in the air i'd suggest

#4 ·
I would say that they would do their usual 1 per cent price rise? It'd be nice if they held their prices to below Commodore, but, who knows.

#5 ·
I think a price rise is inevitable for Ford, but at the same time i don't think it will affect the sales. It's the commodore thats on the back foot now and playing catchup.

The SV6 is really nothing to worry about as the XR6-T will take care if it's 190kw, and whilst it has more gears (5 speed auto) it will never and won't better one of the best turbo charged engines out on the market today.

#7 ·
davway said:
well the price rise is due considering that they kept the BA price the same as the AU. id expect about 3-5k price rise.
I hope you're not talking across the range, as I'd be buggered if I'd pay 3K more for cruise control, auto headlights new hubcaps and a MkII badge on an XT!!!

:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

#8 ·
davway said:
well the price rise is due considering that they kept the BA price the same as the AU. id expect about 3-5k price rise.
I would have thought the same thing, around $3000.

Had a laugh today though, went into a newsagent to buy a car magazine. The guy at the counter asks what kind of car I drive. When I told him it was a XR6T he said that I'd need all the help I could get when the new Holden V6 comes out.

He didn't like it when I laughed at him and said that Holden is no threat.

#12 ·
What were the movements in rrp of the Falcon and Commodore since the release of BA??

I think you'll find that there have been a number of small increases over time by both companies to minimise the impact on the release of their new models. Holden in particular have lifted prices quite a lot since VY Series I and would have done this so that at VZ they could say "look we've only increased prices by $500!!"
They never mention that prices have been increased by $1000+ in the preceeding 12 months to make that kind of statement possible!!

I'll see what I can dig up re rrp changes to identify the TRUE price increase for VZ.

#14 ·
I would but it would comprise a friend just a little too much were I to get the details and post them and then what would I do if I was interstate and in need of car??

Easiest way to think of it is that any Falcon model will be within a few hundred $$ of its Commodore equivalent. They always have been always will be so VY pricing for all reasonable purposes IS BA MKII pricing.

#15 ·
Oaky, if we're playing 20 questions then, what would the commodore equivalent of the XR6T be? do you consider it the SV8 or is there another model they're trying to match.

Can you at least tell us the date the embargo on the prices is lifted?

#16 ·
Why would the price rise for the cars that come with the 6 speed? It's not going to cost ford 3-5 grand just to get the gearbox. You have to subtract the amount the old T5 cost to but and also i don't think they pay full retail :nonono: And who would pay 2-4 grand above an auto to buy a manual :eyebrow:
It costs holden i think around $800 more an engine to build the new V6. And plus with their new auto and new bits they have not increased prices alot.

#17 ·
SV8=XR6T.. SV6=XR6 SS=XR8

Wheels is claiming SV6 in auto and manual is quicker than XR6 N/A. They have a XR6 v SV6 shootout..

It wouldn't suprise me if there was almost no movement in Falcon prices. MkII means very little changes. Simply removing most of the discounts for runouts would effectively be a increase in prices. XR6T and XR8 may cop slight price rises for the extensive changes they recive.

#18 ·
IPhido said:
XR6T and XR8 may cop slight price rises for the extensive changes they recive.
They can't go up too much though, as they can't have the new manual be more expensive than the 4 speed auto which hasn't changed, so at most that would be $920 they could move on manual prices if they made manual and auto the same price - saying the auto is a "no cost option" but in effect increasing the price of the manual to the previous auto level.

Plus of course whatever across the board percentage they add.

#20 ·
Yep the Falcon sedans and wagons have standard a/c. I still can't believe Holden still list it as an option on Commodore, in fact I remember reading someware that it's deliberate so that when limited edition models such as Equipe come out the percieved value is higher because you add the value of a/c on top of all the other freebies.

#22 ·
Even if it goes up a little bit its going to be cheaper late in the year or from Jan 1st 05 at the latest. XT will drop atleast 2 grand and all cars are going to drop due to import tarriffs and the locals must compete. The industry has done a good job of keeping it quite so far. If i were buying new anytime soon id be holding off without doubt and if possible sell my used car very soon.

#24 ·
Falcon and Commodore weren't affected the last time tariff rates changed so I can't see it happening this time.

The only time their prices went down was when we switched from the old system sales tax of 20% to the 10% GST.

#25 ·
IPhido said:
Wheels is claiming SV6 in auto and manual is quicker than XR6 N/A. They have a XR6 v SV6 shootout..
If I was Holden I would be extremely worried if the SV6 with a more powerful engine and lighter weight than the XR6 was to lose to it. I honestly don't know who would expect the XR6 n/a to be quicker.

#26 ·
No they are deffinatly going to, it was mentioned by Geoff in the cars guide when the year begain. Said it could even happen before Jan 05 if buyers held off which doesnt look as though its going to happen. Large sedans are already finding the going tougher this year let alone having cars like Accords,Maximas,Subarus etc dropping and by thousands and gaining more of an advantage over the locals. It will happen trust me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.