Where to get the following...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2004, 03:18   #1 (permalink)

Where to get the following......

All

As I want to look after my new XR6, looking to "protect" it wit the following means.
1. Lower grill insert. Seen many of them around now. Want one (i Think) that is close to the upper grill in spacing etc. Can ne1 recommend any in particular. Seen them from $80 - $230 odd? I am confused what type to get.

2. Fog light protectors. Can these just be obtained from Ford dealers?

3. Headlight protectors. Seen thrm for about $48, but not for an XR6, seem to be just for the XT. Would these fit the XR allright or look out of place?

4. Bonnet protector. From dealers I think they are about $120!!! Has anyone found them in autobahns, autopro, k-marts etc?

5. Car Bra????? Around $350 up. Are they worth it? If I purchase this then probably would not purchase any of the above???

What are peoples thoughts? Are any of these a waste of money? Need to look after the new addition.........

Cheers
NB
navy blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2004, 03:33   #2 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

Re: Where to get the following......

I would do the car bra, but I don't think they are $350, unless they have had a great increase in price

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:39   #3 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

1. Most dealers sell an after market one.

2. Fog light protectors must be obtained from Ford Parts. You have to ask for Territory Foglight ones (same light, just not actually listed for XR yet).

3. You have to buy the XR ones, the XT/FUTURA/FAIRMONT/GHIA ones wont fit your car as your lights go down in the bumper.

4. Bonnet protector may be able to be sourced after market as the BA's all have the same bonnets (except for boss 260/290).

5. Car bra - they are ugly and are a pain in the arse, you'll soon get over having to put it on and pull it off!
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:33   #4 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO

just a message bout car bras a mate of mine put one on his XF and im pretty sure he put it on right but it rubbed off some of the paint on his bonnet
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:53   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalxfboy
just a message bout car bras a mate of mine put one on his XF and im pretty sure he put it on right but it rubbed off some of the paint on his bonnet
That is the stories I hear that scare me off them............
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

You hear heap's of story's good and bad about carbra's, but I personally wouldn't use them, just get bonnet and headlamp protector's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:08   #7 (permalink)

Do bonnet protector actually do much? Just trying to think of how many stones/chips it will stop, and it is only a little piece of plastic.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:09   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy blue
All

As I want to look after my new XR6, looking to "protect" it wit the following means.
3. Headlight protectors. Seen thrm for about $48, but not for an XR6, seem to be just for the XT. Would these fit the XR allright or look out of place?

4. Bonnet protector. From dealers I think they are about $120!!! Has anyone found them in autobahns, autopro, k-marts etc?
http://www.aunger.com.au/ make headlight and bonnet protectors for BA's (but I couldn't see the XR Headlight protectors in the list)

Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:28   #9 (permalink)

I have a car bra, so I recommend one over the other bits.

Got it from www.carbra.com.au, $352.00 delivered to Sydney and I only fit it for long trips.. not cruising around town.

When I come home I wash it while it's on the car then once it's removed I get the vacuum out and make sure there's no grit in the backing material..

Cheers

Steve
SteevO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:46   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Navy Blue,

Have a look at my website in my signature below. In the mods section there should be all the information you need including part numbers.

An original car bra is $352 delivered to Sydney as Steevo mentioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons