where is the self test thingy [yes im a noob] - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2004, 04:30   #1 (permalink)
White Lightning

where is the self test thingy [yes im a noob]

ive read the guides on how to do it and how to interpret the codes, but i dont know where the STO [?] plug is on my ed. somewhere says its in the engine bay, somewhere else says its near the fusebox. i got no idea, please help a noob out.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 04:41   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: where is the self test thingy [yes im a noob]

Under the fuse panel there is a white connector with several pins in it, that is the diagnostics plug.

Here is a diagram of it with the pins labeled. http://www.users.on.net/jasiunas/DIAGCON1.GIF
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
White Lightning

thanks for that. i hate being a noob, but im learning.

ok thats whats in my car, but none of the diagrams i have look like that. the pages ive read say to hook the multimetre to the battery and STO. and then short the STI and signal return pin. which is the signal return pin? is it just the ground?
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
Old 07-19-2004, 07:08   #4 (permalink)

This should help you out :)

http://www.autoemf.com.au/eec4test.htm
mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 22:00   #5 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

This is digging it up, however the above links are dead. Does anyone have a pic of what pins to use

I know the top and bottom left ones are STI+ and grd, and they get bridged but where do i attach the test light?

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Derb, in on the plug you need to link the to extreem left pins, the ones above each other.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:30   #7 (permalink)
White Lightning

mate im fine with it, walkinshaw just dug this up.
Old 01-21-2005, 16:53   #8 (permalink)

Ummm, sorry to drag this up again, but I'm pretty lost....

I've got an ED Falcon (Oct 93) and I'd been following the instructions at http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html , but I'm buggered if I can work out where the self test plugs are.

So, is it right from the above that the self test for the diag is not under the hood? It's the white thingy under the fuse box on the drivers side?

Can anyone help with the pin outs? The links above don't work anymore, and it looks nothing like the diagram at the link I've been trying to follow :-(

TIA
ws
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 17:56   #9 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Yeah its a different plug to that in the link. To put it into test mode you need to short out the upper and lower far left pins, and if I can remember correctly you use the 3rd pin from the left to connect to the LED/Test lamp/Multimeter which then connects to an earth to read the codes. I will try and dig up the diagram again and post it back up on my website.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 20:34   #10 (permalink)

Thx - that'd be awesome.

It looks like this one from this page on the EF. They list the pin outs for the low/mid series connector, but they don't seem to match up with what I've seen around for the ED (or EBII for that matter).

TIA
ws
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons