Why do Excels try and drag me :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2002, 12:50   #1 (permalink)
NemesisEB

Why do Excels try and drag me :)

i dont understand

i own a 4litre 4spd auto EBII falcon

i pulled up at the lights last nite, and this 'done-up' excel pulls up beside me, canary yellow with the mags/wing/spoilers/flares/large exhaust, starts revving his engine, so im thinkin its on.

light goes green, i got a bit of wheelspin, he just went....
for the first 40 km/h, i was just in front, then the big EB wound up, and i left him for dead, by the time i hit ~100kms, i had changed into 2nd (just) and he was about 10 lengths behind me....

anyway, i slow down and we get to the next set of lights, he winds down the window, so do i, and he says

'man, your car is awesome, what mods you done?'

im thinking...wtf?

i say 'none, its a standard EB falcon'

he goes 'no way man, i drag off commies all the time'

i say 'yeah, that is commies'

he goes 'oh well, wait till im turboed..ill eat your arse'

i then laughed, and he drove away....twas funny
just goes to show, that rice-boys have no f**king idea :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2002, 13:16   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

hehe good work.

It makes sense though. If someone knew what they were on about with performance cars, they wouldn't start with an Excel - if nothing else due to the appauling lack of body strength and rigidity.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 14:33   #3 (permalink)
mitda001

Ricer racer

I think it has more to do with feeling:

1. INadequate
2. Stupid for spending so much on fibreglass and nothing on actually making it go harder.

3. See #1.

David
Old 04-13-2002, 17:41   #4 (permalink)
Grandpa Henry

hmm

When you hot a excel and add a super big rear wing most ederly people like me are probably going to confuse it with a motorised shopping trolley. A great thing to get around when arthritis gets you. As for people dragging you don't bother any more, I just look like some goose 18yr old kid.
Old 04-13-2002, 21:39   #5 (permalink)
NemesisEB

Re: hmm

lol
yeah, they really need to get a clue..i mean.... if they want to go 4 cylnders, there are MANY better ones out there than excels

christ, i have draged them off in my '79 gemmi (just )
Old 04-13-2002, 22:52   #6 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

:D

glad 2 c another rice burner bite tha dust. it makes to laugh to man, i mean i saw this nissan in perth with a rear wing probably 10 inches higher than the roof and it woz on tha boot, when i saw this, i just laughed.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 17:48   #7 (permalink)

Rice

I agree that there are alot of try-hards in the 4cyl scene. However there are many genuine fast cars. And they don't have to be turbo to be quick. Race a SSS Pulsar and you'll see what I mean...

If I owned a hot hatch I would concentrate on making the car go harder rather than make it look faster. My Mums car is sort of like that. A '92 SE Galant with big exhaust tip, 16' BBS mags, lowered, tinted windows and a subtle front spoiler. Yet the car is pretty much a slug. I'm sure the GSR models go alright, but this one doesn't.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 13:30   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: Rice

Hmmm I can't remember too much about the Galant GSR. It had an unusual electronic suspension and possibly a 2.0 vs 1.8 engine. But it was a little bit before my time.

Anyway, to clarify the point being made: there are excellent 4 cylinder cars like WRX, '90s Pulsar SSS, Honda Integra Type R and so on... but anyone who expects to beat an EB Falcon in an Excel with a spoiler on the back needs to be put in their place...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 15:19   #9 (permalink)
mitda001

rice

Well I do know a useful feature of the rice tray spoiler.

When your parked bullshitting how you dragged this EB falcon whilst not changing up until 7500 rpm in 14th gear going uphill with 3 mates in the car whilst you had your fingers in your girlfriend....Sorry getting sidetracked.

My point about rice spoilers:

It makes a great place to put your stubby.

But then again.....EA ED falcon...flat boot, no spoiler, you'd get at least 3 cartons on there.

Again the Falcon wins.

Rice rice baby!

David
Old 04-16-2002, 12:08   #10 (permalink)
NemesisEB

Re: rice

lol

yeah, he is a 'local f**kwitt'

he seems to be fairly well known for trying to drag off cars, he has no chance agains, so i reckon he suits the descriptions you have all given them :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons