Why no AU discussions area?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2003, 03:48   #1 (permalink)
Luke_0021

Why no AU discussions area??

Why is there a BA discussions area on this message board, but no AU discussions area??? The AU was surely a brilliant car too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2003, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Yea it was pretty good apart from almost bringing ford australia to the brink of death :)

"Five litres of Ford's finest cast iron!"
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:04   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

The BA Discussions were created so people could talk about the biggest vehicle to hit Ford Australia for many a long year.

AU & other model discussions can be carried out in the pub. No doubt in time the BA section will assimilate back into the pub from where it came..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:14   #4 (permalink)
Ron

I was going to buy an AU but i couldnt decide between an AU and a brick. But i decided on the brick, because i knew i wouldnt be offended when i came out and saw a brick in my driveway! I think once you have seen an AU you will realise why they are trying to hide the fact they built that particular model of automobile!!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:03   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron
I was going to buy an AU but i couldnt decide between an AU and a brick. But i decided on the brick, because i knew i wouldnt be offended when i came out and saw a brick in my driveway! I think once you have seen an AU you will realise why they are trying to hide the fact they built that particular model of automobile!!
Gee, I'm glad you registered for that one Ron. That was some really constructive comment there.

Back on topic...

Luke_0021,

I think It's as much a traffic thing as anything. If there was as much discussion about AU's as there is about the BA's, then an extra forum would most likely be created.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:34   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Ron, just remember were the BA got its design from , the BA is a much better looking car to most of us but the AU can and still does look good,it just so happened to be when the AU was relessed most people agreed with what the jurno's had to say about it and followed suit (just like sheep).
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 14:37   #7 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by galaxy xr8
....it just so happened to be when the AU was relessed most people agreed with what the jurno's had to say about it and followed suit (just like sheep).
Not so galaxy xr8, more like the other way around.

The press initally reported that Holden should be very worried, that the AU was a very good car with refreshing modern styling. It's only when the public refused to buy it did the press turn on the AU until it became popular to bag it.
Old 02-11-2003, 15:30   #8 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

The BA owes its existance to the AU, a large percentage of the car is still AU.
Those people that own AUs know they are good cars and are much better than the VX Commodore, it handles better and the series 2 and 3 with the Fairmont bonnet lowered with a decent set of rims looks one of the meanest cars on the road.
it was just that bloody horrible grill on the AU1 that turned every one off because they listened to so called experts......
In the years to come, I believe that the AU will be mistaken as the Newer model to the BA, it was just ahead of its time.

I dont want a BA, I am more than happy with my AUII XR8 its a fantastic car, looks good and doesnt get confused with other models of the AU. After taking a BA XR8 for a spin, I am even more happier with my car, granted it doesnt have the same power but the BA felt like a truck, the AU feels so much more compact and tighter than the BA.

I get a bit sick of everyone knocking the AU but dont forget people where the BA came from....no AU no BA....
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 17:30   #9 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron

welcome ron. very interesting comment , i have never heard of someone adding a brick to the list of cars one may consider purchasing. well noone with anything decent to say anyway!!!!!

i happened to like the AU and can't understand what the fuss is about, yeah the series I forte was quite ugly with that whale tooth grill at the front but i thought my auI one fairmont was quite a handsom looking car. it had standard alloys with bridgestone g-grids that improved the stance of the car. Ford released the au because they thought the consumer wanted something a little different and it back fired.
Old 02-11-2003, 18:26   #10 (permalink)
gone

Ron Ron Ron

I didnt realise they alowed you to play with heavy stuff in the sand pit!

Some less red cordial should do the trick, or even an afternoon nap
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons