Why not eh? I'll do the XRated mod day aftermath thread! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2004, 02:36   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Why not eh? I'll do the XRated mod day aftermath thread!

Howdy wankers,

Well I just go back from the mod day at Luke's joint.

Some fun times we'll remember for a while. We tried for ages to get the sump off but it didn't come off for about 6 hours, they got it off just as I was leaving. That front bloody crossmember! What were Ford thinking?

Anyways, was nice meeting some newbies and takin' the piss outta Yaggy What was that Yagz? You're tits wont clear the chassis rail?? LOL! Location joke boys

Snag count: 3

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2004, 03:11   #2 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Re: Why not eh? I'll do the XRated mod day aftermath thread!

6 hours.. lol.

I would have made it, but...

i hope someone took pics. :D
Old 09-26-2004, 05:41   #3 (permalink)
{';'}

"My tits are hitting the chassis rail!" *Insert girly laugh here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:44   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

hahahaha, no shit, my gf's tit's would of got under that!
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:45   #5 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

lol Sweet
wish i hadda been there. Goddamn work and Not having a car!!

Luke, did they end up fixing your lifters?

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:55   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Well I left about an hour ago, but here's the day's events up til then.

I got the sump only to discover it wouldn't come out. Someone (gunns?) has already lifted the engine up a bit before I got there, so we tried lifting the engine more, still no go. After HEAPS of failed ideas we started to lift the engine and trans out a bit to get clearance. I stepped back around then cos I haven't pulled an engine before (what a minute, I've never dropped a sump before but still got under there), so I don't know the exact details but what I can gather;

Tailshaft to uni joint wouldn't undo, thought we'll lift as far as it holds the ATF in the auto. Came out anyway.
Still no enough clearance, out comes the radiator. Shit, still not enough. Sump clears the K-frame, but gets stuck on the harmonic balancer.
Remove the air con condensor? Stupid idea? Yeah but who cares. Moved it out of the way, still not enough clearance. Off comes the bumper!
After a bit of dicking around pulled the sump out the front of the car. (got photos I'll upload later)
Pulled the oil pump out, relief spring was in 3 pieces, so that's most likely Luke's problem. John fixed that and whacked it all back in.

As I left the bumper was still off, headlights were off but engine was in.

Gunns and Dellboy, I'd just like to say thanks for covering for me. Pulling the engine was a bit over my head so I thought I'd back off from it. Thanks to Sunny and James as well as anyone I've forgoten.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:11   #7 (permalink)
Operation E-Series Hoon™

Thanks to Luke for putting a great day on! I was barbie bitch for the day, and downed approx. 11 sausages

I wish i hadn't made the joke of "my tits hitting the chasis rail" as i'm probably going to cop it about that from now on

Well, i tried to dick around with Lukes car, but to no avail, as i know nothing about cars, so i just helped take the rocker cover off, but i couldn't even do that

Big Big Big thanks to james (Juarez), jason (Dellboy), Rob (psycho chicken), Al (Gunns) for knowing what they were doing, and helped immensely in the final product. John also helped by knowing how to fix the oil pump.

Karl was a no show, which made everyone very uneasy as no-one was confident enough or had done this before, which didn't help the fact that 6 hours was spent umm'ing and are'ing and bagging me

Hope everyone enjoyed the day, and thanks again to luke for putting on the barbie and drinks :)

Lets hope the next mod day comes together a little quicker

Cheers Guys,
Yagz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
Stop putting stupid yagz quotes in your stupid signatures you stupid people!
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:13   #8 (permalink)
{';'}

Ehhhh pretty messed up about now =) But ahhh I just realised there was a red XC at dyno day!!! I was just looking through my camera and there is this mad one with a big Hornet scoop thingo - it was out the front early and left pretty early I think.

Anyway haven't read the above posts Later.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:13   #9 (permalink)
Operation E-Series Hoon™

Pics;

http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/1.jpg
http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/2.jpg
http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/3.jpg
http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/4.jpg
http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/5.jpg
http://www.yagz.com/images/luke/6.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
Stop putting stupid yagz quotes in your stupid signatures you stupid people!
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 15:48   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Now that was a fun day (although I'm sure Luke will die much younger after all that stress..).

Things started off well.. Gunns undid the engine mounts, emptied the sump, removed the oil filter and it was all smooth. Then Wayne got there with the engine crane (we spent a while watching Jason strip a diff, while Wayne delt with some sub-par arab drivers), and we raised the engine, undid all the sump bolts (thanks to Rob for that obviously painful job), and though "Ahh, almost there, in only 2-3 hours".. uhhh.. well, the engine had come forward, and we hadn't yet removed the rocker cover, so we had to **** around with a few hours just to get it back onto the mounts - off with the rocker finally.. still not enough room to wiggle the sump out..

My memory of what exactly we did from there on is a little hazy, suffice to say we undid the P/S pump, jacked up the tranny, dropped it all, jacked it up, about 20 times, pulled the radiator, A/C condensor, dropped the tailshaft (didn't want to but it turns out we needed to), and god knows what else.

Anyway, we got most of it back together by 10:30pm or so.. the tailshaft is still out at the front, and bolted to the diff at the rear (we couldn't shift those damn bolts).. We didn't turn it over, but it still needed coolant and oil and a few other minor things doing beforehand, anyway..

We also didn't manage to get the cam in (didn't have shims for it), but that wasn't a high priority anyway..
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons