Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are we not driving VN's!?

6K views 59 replies 38 participants last post by  Troutman 
#1 ·
just curious... why'd u pick Ford over Holden?

#52 ·
Well, I rang up a local mechanic and I'm going to head down for a test. He also said around $800 for a new gasket. Just need to wait for the results of the test. Hope nothing's too serious that'll make me fork out a heap of money.

#53 ·
Why I dont drive a Holden

... I dont have a red cap to wear backwards ... And i'm too short to have my seat reclined all the way back.

#54 ·
lucas93 said:
Not to mention most ppl who drive vns r bogans.
Now there's an interesting thought. I hailed from a relatively small country town about an hour north of Melbourne. As a result I have been exposed to more than my share of the "bogan" and "sik arse" mentalities that exist from the nothern suburbs out to the semi-rural areas.

Please note: what I'm about to say is not a biased generalisation, but what I have seen in the flesh.

Most of the intentional VN drivers buy the car becuase it's so easy to spin the back wheels on the bloody things. Also, it sounds better when you brag to your mates that you bought a $6000 VN than a $6000 ED. For what reason, I don't know.

Image is everything, practicality is nothing.

I drive an NL Fairlane because it's a grouse car. I was doing over 1000ks a week in it without a problem.

An interesting comparison is that it's alright to be driving a Statesman on P plates, but a Fairlane is considered to be an old mans car. I think that attitude still carries across when it comes to Falcons and Commodores, particularily VNs.

In conclusion, my Fairlane is the reason I don't drive a VN!

#56 ·
Re: Re: Why are we not driving VN's!?

SiX_iN_a_RoW said:
the VN was a rush job.
acctually, the EA was a rush job, ford got wind of the VN, and rushed out the EA, ie why the EA had so many problems when first released..
Holden started production and major testing of the VN first.

#57 ·
fffftttttt football,meatpies,kangaroos and holden cars. ha
more like hitler,oktoberfest,nazis and opel cars
cos thats all it is a backward engineed opel car from germany
now ford is all australian thats why i chose it

#58 ·
i'd take a fairlane over anything :D
i want an NF!

#59 ·
I dont think the EA was really rushed as such, sure, Ford stepped things up a bit just before official release to beat the VN, but the EA had been in the works since at least 1984...I agree it would have been much better for them to postpone things a few months, but whats done is done. And Ford learned from it, hence how much better the EB was/is.

#60 ·
Both EA and VN had a similar number of problems when new, and both were the basis for excellent vehicles that followed. Choosing between them is personal preference in many ways.

Anyway, to prevent this thread from getting out of hand, I think it is best closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.