Will ba gt cams fit ba xr8? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2005, 22:39   #1 (permalink)

Will ba gt cams fit ba xr8?

Can this be done?
Goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 00:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: Will ba gt cams fit ba xr8?

I would assume they can, same engine, same head (different spec head in terms of ports etc. valves are different size maybe?), both DOHC, the cam specs are just different profile, I think the GT cam is more "lumpier" than the xr8 one, longer valve duration?
fOrD mAn Xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 00:31   #3 (permalink)

btw if you are thinking doing a cam change, you should consider a cam grind, or aftermarket cam, there are a few floating around for the BA xr8 which give great results, and keep a fairly stock idle.
fOrD mAn Xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:48   #4 (permalink)

They will fit, But it is not a straight swap. The GT cams have bigger lobs on there cams. The GT heads have had a bit of grind work done to them so that the cams will fit. You will need to do the same in order to fit GT came into a XR8 motor.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:04   #5 (permalink)

Thats great cause I was going to get the heads worked on anyway,now I will buy the GT performance cam from herrods 1800 bucks but according to the Dyno sheet on the herrod website they get 297rwkws.Now I know my car is no GT or GTP but with my heads done any guesses what I would end up with?300 plus kws @ the wheels if so you know what I am spending my next 4 grand on.500hp@the wheels is that a 11 second car with the right rubber on the rear?Hope so
Old 08-20-2005, 04:41   #6 (permalink)

Oh yeah forgot to ask Jabba whats a Boss R plenum and how are those underdrive pulleys man your ute sounds like a sweet ride with all those mods what kind power are you getting?Any cheap tricks for my XR8 all ideas welcome.Cant afford SC so I am going for NA maybe add NOS later for fun.
Old 08-22-2005, 00:27   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
Oh yeah forgot to ask Jabba whats a Boss R plenum and how are those underdrive pulleys man your ute sounds like a sweet ride with all those mods what kind power are you getting?Any cheap tricks for my XR8 all ideas welcome.Cant afford SC so I am going for NA maybe add NOS later for fun.
The under drives a good , But they will destroy the clutch. There are companies making the BOSS R plenum. They are Redcliffe dyno and performance in QLD (single T/B) and Batten's performance turning in WA (twin T/B). Both are making 25-30rwkw gain and a shit load more throttle response. The difference between them and the standard plenum is the position of the T/B, the BOSS R's have the T/B located on the front of the plenum and the benefit of that is a more even air flow to each of the trumpets under the plenum. The original plenum causes cylinders 3&4 to run lean as they get all the in coming rammed straight in to them. On the dyno I only got 272 rwhp, however my car was very sick at the time with a rooted spark coil and week crank sensor. I had also just change the CAI, which didn't help as the computer was not able to learn what to do with all the extra air in such a short time (Like 20 mins).But they did say that it should be good for 300rwhp. you should note that I don't have the BOSS R plenum yet, But I will have it very soon along with a set of pacemakers headers and a new tune with the capper flasher. With all that I am hoping to get 340-360 rwhp and a low 13sec 1/4 mile
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
But they did say that it should be good for 300rwhp. you should note that I don't have the BOSS R plenum yet, But I will have it very soon along with a set of pacemakers headers and a new tune with the capper flasher. With all that I am hoping to get 340-360 rwhp and a low 13sec 1/4 mile
Arn't guys running mid and high 12 seconds out of this motor standard, with the usual bolt on mods?
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:19   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
Arn't guys running mid and high 12 seconds out of this motor standard, with the usual bolt on mods?
Criss from bluepower has done a 12.8, But he is running slicks and front runners. I wan't to do a very low 13 with what drive on every day. also the Willowbank 1/4 is about 2-3 tenth slower the those track down in Vic. so if you take into account that the slicks nock of 3-4 tenth's on the 60ft and Calder is 2-3 tenths faster then QLD willowbank that 12.8 would be a 13.3-13.5 up here in QLD. Chriss is also running 4.11's diff gears and I will have 3.23. My first and only time on the 1/4 at willowbank I ran 14.1 with a track temp of 36deg.
Old 08-24-2005, 00:34   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the good advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons