Windsor into BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2003, 15:37   #1 (permalink)

confused Windsor into BA

Helping a mate out who wants to drop his 347 R302-based V8Supercar spec donk into his BA XR8Ute. 460Kw's at the flywheel on engine dyno without NOS but plumbed for Zex NOS at each (8) throttle bodies. Awesome stage 3 Yates heads, Peterson dry sump, Motec M880 (piggyback off the EEC), etc. But how easy/hard to fit in BA and what about drivetrain. Will 3650 Tremec hold up or should T56 be used. Full 9" rear already fitted with Harrop center and 3.70 gears. Monstrous monoblocks all round. Windsor setup much lighter than Mod 5.4. Any feedback?
RolfW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2003, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: Windsor into BA

Blower on the 5.4. Much easier.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolfW
Helping a mate out who wants to drop his 347 R302-based V8Supercar spec donk into his BA XR8Ute. 460Kw's at the flywheel on engine dyno without NOS but plumbed for Zex NOS at each (8) throttle bodies. Awesome stage 3 Yates heads, Peterson dry sump, Motec M880 (piggyback off the EEC), etc. But how easy/hard to fit in BA and what about drivetrain. Will 3650 Tremec hold up or should T56 be used. Full 9" rear already fitted with Harrop center and 3.70 gears. Monstrous monoblocks all round. Windsor setup much lighter than Mod 5.4. Any feedback?
They do it for the supercars, so it shouldn't be too hard. I would assume the engine bay wouldn't be too different than an AU. Maybe send an email to Rob Herrod and ask if he has any advise
Old 09-16-2003, 19:48   #4 (permalink)
Half Shark Alligator Man

Sounds like fun this does !
Old 09-17-2003, 08:24   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Before I read inside the thread I thought the real advice you need is who's the best psychiatrist.

I think you may need to change the engine mounts? Alos with that Power I think you would want the T56. Wouldn't think the TR3650 bellhousing would bolt on.

I agree with AUssie pete CAPA supercharger is much easier. But ahh whats ease got over uniqueness? I wish your mate the best of luck. It would be something VERY different indeed.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

You could just put BA panels on an AU ute like they do in V8Brutes. Otherwise take a measuring tape to AU & BA engine bay to see if rails & engine mounts moved. Or bite the bullet & set the engine back for better handlingÖ

ps, Donít forget the engineers report.
pps, Donít forget to let us know when itís finished!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons