Ford Forums banner

is it worth it?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  boost 
G
#1 ·
I am considering buying a EA S - Pack, 90 model Multipoint,
5 speed manual, $1500, car is in excellent condition bodywise, however the engine seems to not have to much power, just wondering how much by a mechanic, I was just wondering how much a new motor fully reconditioned would be fitted. Plus it needs all new brakes and discs (beyond machining) for rego in June. How much would it cost for brakes and discs fitted front and back. apart from that seems ok, except for an annoying tapping noise coming from engine, mate reckons it could be timing chain, if this breaks i am up for a new engine arent I. So anyone give us your thoughts on whether or not i should considier this car, $1500 with rego till June

#2 ·
I'd recommend taking it to a mechanic for further analysis.

It might sound cheapo, but I'd consider getting any decent disc brakes from a wrecked EB or something as a temporary measure until you can comfortably afford a better-than-factory set-up.

Reconditioning the engine might cost $1500 or so, but if the rest of the car is in good condition you'd still come out a winner.

#3 ·
RAC inspection

Get an RAC vehicle inspection done. I think they tell you everything you want to know?

EA'S RULE!!!!

G
#4 ·
power

the car should feel really powerful, as i had the same car until i converted it to an auto (gbox swap with another car) the car went much harder than it should but it was bog standard, so there must be troubles with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.