Wynns stop leak $12.00 @ bp - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 17:57   #1 (permalink)
Coupe XA

Wynns stop leak $12.00 @ bp

Has any of you blokes ever used this stuff to stop oil leaks and how was you experience with it?

I used some yesterday in my 351 i think it was my biggest mistake ever.
Its a pretty thick oil and my rear main leaked a bit but i think it blew it out and now i have a puddle under my car.
Good thing i was close to work and soon as i drove in it went smoke was pissing out the back looked like a huge burnout!!!!!!

Mabey they should call it "Wynns engine f****r" and on the label there should be a tow truck number to call.

Little moral of the story there is no cheap fix. do it right the first time and you wont have to do it again.
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 20:41   #2 (permalink)
what u lookin at

Re: Wynns stop leak $12.00 @ bp

i used it on a 4L I6 EB because it had a crack at the top of the radiator,
my mate said to use it but i didnt really think it would work but it did, u could even see it workin its way up and filling in the crack.

for me it was a good quick fix to get home
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:06   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benXaGt
Has any of you blokes ever used this stuff to stop oil leaks and how was you experience with it?

I used some yesterday in my 351 i think it was my biggest mistake ever.
Its a pretty thick oil and my rear main leaked a bit but i think it blew it out and now i have a puddle under my car.
Good thing i was close to work and soon as i drove in it went smoke was pissing out the back looked like a huge burnout!!!!!!

Mabey they should call it "Wynns engine f****r" and on the label there should be a tow truck number to call.

Little moral of the story there is no cheap fix. do it right the first time and you wont have to do it again.
I've used it but it seems no better than STP or any of the other engine glues. I had a loose sump gasket I was too lazy to fix and tipped some in, it seemed to slow down the leak for a little while but it was soon back as the stuff was diluted.
The rear main probably would have gone anyway maybe it was just coincedence?
Needturbo six, I assume you are talking about radiator fixer which works ok as a temporary fix.
regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:21   #4 (permalink)
what u lookin at

haha, yep i just realised benxagt was talkin about the oil stop leak
i straight away thought it was the radiator stop leak.........
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
Coupe XA

yeah i thought you were talking about that i was scratching my head

Yeah the rear main was leaking pretty bad. Just a coincedence. I just wanted something to blame !!!

There just cheap fixes that get you out of the s**t for a while
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 18:37   #6 (permalink)

On the topic of Radiator Leak fix products.... (which I also mistook this thread to be about)

I reckon they should never be used.... unless you are stranded.

Although they do work in most cases, deposits can build up wherever, this can reduce the overall efficiency of your cooling system.. kind of like clogging or hardening of your arteries.. and you may eventually starve or block off portions of your engine from being effectively cooled resulting in even more expensive repairs.

Once you add them to your cooling system you'll never get rid of the deposits in the parts of the engine that don't need them.. so I suggest you never use them.

Steve
SteevO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons