Xa\xb Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 10:21   #1 (permalink)

Xa\xb Falcon

ford guy .... looking for a different type of car. found it !!!!! an xa\xb falcon.
the problem is that i live in the u.s. does anyone out there know of any here in the states. not looking for a basket case i'm in the autobody biz. so perfection is not a complete concern. any help would be great

thanks
poprivet43 (doug)
poprivet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2005, 10:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xa\xb Falcon

Apparently there's quite a few in the US now.
Some of us Aussies are a bit upset that the Yanks are buying up our muscle cars.
Me, I don't begrudge them for it. We've been doing the same to you for years.
With the exchange rates, the cars are pretty cheap and there's a couple of companies exporting GTs etc (Mad Max replicar Coupes too).
Look for aussiecoupes.com. Don't go to the ACLF site. They hate all of you. :)
There's also a yellow XB that some copper owns in Philly or near there.
They did a comparo on it vs a Mach 1 Mustang and they're a lot alike. Not exact or anything but you can see the influences.

Lastly, glad to see you have some taste. They're not a bad car at all. I'd still like a Boss429 Stang but $200000 au is outta my league. GT40 or AC Cobra is a nice dream too. The 351 was the biggest "factory fitted" motor here for these cars but they'll take a bigblock reasonably easily.
Hey, while I think of it. Check out the 69 Torino. (68??)
Davo (a mate) has one and the XW-XY door handles are exact, The bonnet is the same shape as the XA. The windscreen is interchangable with XW-XY. And the XA was supposedly a totally new Aussie design. Yeah right! And pigs may fly. (Well forget about the helicopter rescue)

Steve
xagtly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:38   #3 (permalink)

Re: Xa\xb Falcon

Hey while I'm thinking about it. My brother in law has a replica interceptor as per the Mad Max movies. The yellow 4 doors. It's actually an XC but it's copied as per original. He may be doing up an XB in the same mode.
Either way, it's a 351C, C4 auto, 9" diff etc. Loks the part and is getting a complete rehash now.
Photos were available on the net but I can't remember the url.
Try the following sites anyway
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad...tor/index.html
http://www.lastinterceptor.com/real.html or http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad...ica/index.html

He wore out his video rerunning over every scene with the yellow cars in them and faithfully reproduced every detail available.
If you're interested, let me know on sclayt0n@hotmail.com and we'll start talking turkey (or in this case turnkey) Oh my sick humour is killing me. Slowly but surely.

I have an XA GT coupe but it's not for sale. Everything has a price but I'd rather keep it.
If you want to butcher up a coupe to make a Max replica, I have a basketcase coupe that could be butchered for that purpose. (Repairable, but not for show standard. Fair whack of rust in it and it'd need a cut-n-shut. I have the 4 door front that'd go on it. Only difference is the windscreen frame.)

Steve
xagtly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons