XC Coupe Question, which one? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 03:26   #1 (permalink)

XC Coupe Question, which one?

Hi guys, new here. actually holden man myself (dont hurt me :p), but my old man has had this Xc coupe for years, and is now restoring it. but the big question we've faced, as neither of us are fanatic ford history fans, we really don't know what the hell it actually is. wonder if there are any fordnuts on here that could possibly tell me exactly what the car is if i provided them with VIN numbers etc. basically as far as dad knows, she's a 351 5.8 litre, auto, in white, with jelly bean style wheels, black scoops on the front, side vents, 5.8 and if i recall correctly 500series badges, and interestingly enough, to me anyway, circle lights. ive tried to research as best i could, and havnt found ANY info at all, as to what this could be, and all the XC coupes that come up, and arent cobras, have the big square lights. possibly a GS hardtop with the 5.8 pack? apparently it was an ex chaser/highway car. all i know is, it went bloooooody hard when it was running, such a thumper. also has a full brown/tanish trim, that is completely checkered with black, and i think, a cobra wheel. can provide numbers/pics tomorrow if need be. anyways help very much appreciated, cheers lads
BLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2007, 08:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: XC Coupe Question, which one?

Early XC have round headlights, later XC have the rectangle ones.
Australian Ford Register UK
Falcon Facts: Falcon
hope I didn't mess them up!
George1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 22:15   #3 (permalink)

hi mate, cheers for the reply, found a big index and checked up the numbers. its an xc falcon 500 coupe with the 5.8 pack. any idea how much it would be worth fully restored?
Old 03-19-2007, 18:53   #4 (permalink)

Blower, I have just found a 77 Fairmont coupe which has been pulled apart for restoration. In original condition with the vinyl roof peeled off, 351 3 spd auto. Old mate wants $2500 for it so it should be in my garage soon. I too would like to know what it would be worth as a completed project.
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 23:30   #5 (permalink)

cool, sounds like dad's, hes has been pulled apart and started resto, already painted, just got trim and engine/box to go. just tryin to find out rareties etc, dont want to go too far and unoriginal if its worth alot!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:16   #6 (permalink)

Contact Ford on 133673 and give then the VIN number. They will be able to give you all the info about your old mans car that you need.
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 22:14   #7 (permalink)

awesome sounds like the go, cheers :D
Old 04-24-2007, 18:02   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H
Contact Ford on 133673 and give then the VIN number. They will be able to give you all the info about your old mans car that you need.
Hi how do i ring that number outside of oz.

Cheers.
351 Cleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons