XD Value - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 23:32   #1 (permalink)

XD Value

Hi all

Im playing with the idea of maybe getting rid of the xr6 for and older V8. Do XDs hold their value well?

cheers
Tim
TimXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2006, 17:24   #2 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Re: XD Value

XDs are at the bottom of the value pit. They can be had for next to nothing, so I wouldn't really worry about buying one for its resale value!
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 19:49   #3 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

hehehe!
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 00:34   #4 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Perhaps I should reword my original post!

An XD V8 would be a good value car to buy. Next, you'll invest say $5k into mostly the motor. Then it's a nice basic streeter, but don't expect to see that $5k ever return to you if you plan to sell it in the near future.

No matter how much money you put into an XD, it'll always be worth SFA. That doesn't mean it'll always be a crap car, you could have the best XD in the country (a title hotly contested by genuine street machiners, restorers, and housing commission centrelink-dependent fake-pension-receiving bogans alike), but it'll always have a crap resale value.

Having said all that, and being a bogan myself (albeit not quite as described above), I do quite like the XDs, so don't think I'm bagging them. In fact, I miss my old XE (1st car), despite its 90kw 3.3 being just as thirsty as my 5.0. Also, I can go places faster in Park with the 5.0 compared to the 3.3, which couldn't accelerate downhill. Not that you'd ever know you were going downhill, because the suspension was so jacked up and floaty that it always felt like you were cruising the high seas (in a Roman galley)... and speaking of Roman galleys, they came equipped with more technology than my XE, which I'm assuming used a Flintstones drivetrain!

/rant
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:55   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Hahahahaha!
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:08   #6 (permalink)

G'day,
I'd skip the XD and go XE. The coil spring arse end is so much nicer, and they ride pretty good on 225.R14's.

XE also had the option of a Large 95L fuel tank for gas guzzling.

Either model, if you open the door and it smells musky, RUN LIKE HELL!! Common problem on them, is that the Wiper Plenum chamber suffers serious Iron ant infestation (rusts!!!) and then they leak like a sieve!

When the cars were only6 years old, i was already doing replacements on them, and the panel was still readily available...@ $600 each.

It is a major job to repair one rusted in this area, and that is provided you can put your hands on a NOS plenum chamber....a used one makes it even bigger.

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 21:21   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
G'day,
I'd skip the XD and go XE. The coil spring arse end is so much nicer, and they ride pretty good on 225.R14's.

XE also had the option of a Large 95L fuel tank for gas guzzling.

Either model, if you open the door and it smells musky, RUN LIKE HELL!! Common problem on them, is that the Wiper Plenum chamber suffers serious Iron ant infestation (rusts!!!) and then they leak like a sieve!

When the cars were only6 years old, i was already doing replacements on them, and the panel was still readily available...@ $600 each.

It is a major job to repair one rusted in this area, and that is provided you can put your hands on a NOS plenum chamber....a used one makes it even bigger.

Cheers
Jas

not quite right. the largest tank was 80 litres and available on any v8 equipped car or standard on Ghias regardless of engine size. as for rust, the heritage was continued from earlier x series due to the poor design of the plenum.
as said earlier go for the XE but try and find a ESP, then resale will not have as much effect. good v8 ESP's are now getting excellent resale value.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:59   #8 (permalink)

Sorry JG33,
but XE DID have a 95 L tank option...on ALL models.
Just not in Vic.

Parents had one, North QLD Delivery. Bought new from the local dealer (in Bowen). ALL his XE's were ordered from factory with the long range tank. Dealer in the area has now changed..but anyway..

you learn something new everyday mate :)

Jas

PS car was a 4.1L GL Sedan with air
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:27   #9 (permalink)
FORD THUNDER DOWNUNDER

I got an 460 XD Fairmont, I love it,,it rocks I got it cause it was cheap $2000 10years ago lol.. then fitted BB, looks cool all money spent on motor trans and running gear.
I am still trying to post picks on the site, to see what ya think
KILLERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 17:18   #10 (permalink)

A Factory 4 speed manual 351 XD in average condition recently went for $5000. There will shortly be an excellent condition XD advertised on the Australian Muscle Car website. It will be interesting to see what it will fetch.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons