Ford Forums banner

xd xe circuit racer

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  aussiemart 
#1 ·
Okay guys i tried in the suspension and general threads but NO answer to my question ,im real sorry to ask this here but i think this would be the best place to try since youve all got or have had an xd or xe.

I was building an xw circuit race car but have now decided to build an xd or xe for improved production circuit racing so i can give it to some of these commondore drivers with the idea that they are cheaper to replace and should in theary handle better than the xw, wider track and all.

My question is witch one would you guys recomend xd or xe,, ive heard that an xe can be hard to drive on the limit or when you have lots of grip say with slicks, well dick johnson had lots of trouble anyway, but i have read this elswere aswell.

The problem seems to be the watts linkage rear end witch seems to be desighned backwards.

has anyone driven an xd and xe in anger, and what seems to be the difference

Thanks soo mutch for any responses to this,, im trying to make a choice asap so i can start hunting for a decent shell

Cheers Aussie mart,,, Watch out holden boys ive lit the wick.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.