Xf , Ea , El , Au , Ba - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which Ford Do you Think Is Better
XF 12 10.00%
EA 5 4.17%
EL 19 15.83%
AU 16 13.33%
BA 68 56.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 05:07   #1 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Xf , Ea , El , Au , Ba

I've owned a 1986 XF S Ute, 1988 EA S-Pack, 1995 EL Futura and now a AU III XR6 and drive a BA Futura for work.

The XF was no frills. No power, no air, no EFI. It was all standard. Although it drove and handled like a dog, it was the most reliable car I owned. Not 1 problem. I even made $1,100 on it when I sold it 10 months later.

The EA, heaps of problems, Head Gaskets & Brake Calipers, drove extremely well and was a good strong car.

The EL drove well and was very reliable. It had its share of mechanical problems, but overall was a good car to drive and always got me from A to B. With the exception of the transmission going.

The AU Xr6 is an excellent car. I've driven Series 1, 2 and 3, forte and futura's and found that everyone was different. Some were shockers, squeaks and rattles, brake noises and many other problems. Fleet cars of course. But the XR6 is a great car to drive and the feel is solid and I think it will be a reliable car.

The BA Futura is a fleet car. It feels and drives like a commodore. Its comfortable to drive and handles exceptionally well, i just think it feels more like a commodore. The engine sounds and reaction, feels like one of the generals.

Of all these cars, for me, I think the AU is a far superior car. What do you think? BA the best or worst, Au best or worst, etc etc etc. I know theres no real comparasin between an standard model and an XR, because it has better components. But generally

Last edited by bucknaked; 10-18-2003 at 05:11.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2003, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xf , Ea , El , Au , Ba

As I mentioned in another thread Bucknaked, I've only ever owned one Falcon (ok I had an XY V8) being the BA. If I could select an XR series it would have to be the EL. They seemed to be a well refined car for thier time.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:15   #3 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

I had never driven a ford until I bought my XF. I had always owned holdens. Sandman Panel Van, Kingswoods etc. Reason why I stayed with fords is I think they are a better car that holdens. I don't think I'll ever go back. Maybe one day I'll get myself an old monaro or SS torana, but for now, stick with the blue oval. Although, i had a drive in a WRX yesterday. Very very quick.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:19   #4 (permalink)

My flatmate has a 2003 WRX - bloody well flies and sticks to the road in the wet like it is on rails (enough of the rice burner talk). If I were to have a car purely for looks it would have to be the Valiant Charger. I owned two of them and they screamed along for a Six Cylinder. I think I've gotten to the stage where I would give either Holden or Ford a going over when it comes to buying my next car down the track (given that i havent owned a Commodore before). What do you think?
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:44   #5 (permalink)
Mountain man'

go the mighty X SERIES
my XD still going strong no problems "touch wood"
currently at 130000kms and goin good'
Old 10-18-2003, 14:24   #6 (permalink)
BA XR8 - yeehaaaaaa!!!

up til I picked up my BA XR8 3 weeks ago, I drove an XC GXL 302 daily for 20 years. Had a T5 Gearbox put in it 10 or so years ago as was doing long trips. Still going strong, but has had the typical sorts of problems with wear & tear that you would expect from a car this old being used daily.
Old 10-18-2003, 15:15   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

I think the AU was an exceptional car for build and quality (I'm biased, I own one) but I would trade it tomorrow for a BA... The BA is simply a world class car.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 21:44   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

i loved my AU, build was good, loved driving it also. but my BA has the build, and it looks heaps better goes better.....
is BA is better.....

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:29   #9 (permalink)

Drove an XF for about 7-8 years. Was searching for a new car about the time the AU's came out. I hated their look and bought a Nissan Pulsar SSS instead. However I have had my XR6 Turbo for 1 month now and I must say that I am extremely suprised by the quality of it. Plus it looks a treat :)
Blood Orange XR6T - 5 spd manual - Premium Brakes - Premium Sound - Leather Interior - Herrod Suspension Kit - Momo Gear Knob - Alarm Kit - Auxilliary Audio Plug-in - Mud Spats - Window Tinting - XR Mats ---
KrasH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 17:06   #10 (permalink)

I've owned two Falcons (XM ute with later model running gear, BA Fairmont Ghia), had a couple as company vehicles (including an early XR6) and driven probably most generations from XB on.
The XM was the first car I owned and I should never of sold it (of course), the most fun was the XC Cobra I 'cared for' while my uncle was away, the XR6 was interesting as it was built by the Ford engineering department for use during the Australian Open tennis.
We bought it cheap through supplier contacts with Ford, something was missing as this particular car exhibited shocking (throttle off) roll oversteer.
The office girls were banned from driving this car in the wet as it was likely to swap ends at the most inopportune times.

The BA is easily the best of the lot to drive, mine should be good once it is finished
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons