Ford Forums banner

XH Intake & K&N Panel Filter

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Supa R00 
#1 ·
Is the mod of a XH intake and a K&N panel filter worth doin to a stock EB??? What would be the expected power gains be???Thanks

#2 ·
The gains I found where really to do with throtal response. When you stick in the boot and drop a gear it does not seem to labour as much and picks noticably quicker. I dont know what the dyno gains would be...probibly minimal. But I think this is a good modification and well worth doing to your stock EB.

Just make sure you screw it down to the front of the car and sand down the lip that sits of the front of the snorkle. After not being to happy with mine I went to work on it with an electric sander and sand papper and oppened up the mouth alot more. This was when I really noticed the difference in it!

I just used a generic panel filter with mine btw :)

#3 ·
check the pipe from the throttle body to the air box on my ed the pipe was alot smaller(15-20mm) internally and shorter than an EAmpfi one so I swapped them over and I noticed a louder induction (like a pod) hiss from the standard cai tube and box and better throttle response ,very cheap effective but its nothing special to look at just looks standard

#4 ·
honestly it will make bugger all difference, but then again it dosnt cost much so if u want it done go for it! just dont expect too much difference :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.