XR Driving lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2003, 04:55   #1 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

Lightbulb XR Driving lights

Does anyone know if Ford make a clear cover for the driving lights? (similiar to the normal headlight covers)
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2003, 17:12   #2 (permalink)
AUIIIXR6VCT

You wont be able to ge a Geniune Ford one, but i think hella now have soft covers that can be used to go over some of their particular lamps.
Old 05-17-2003, 23:06   #3 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Hella do produce covers , but not these in particular , as they are concentrating on producing polycarbonate alternatives across the range where feasible .
Fordhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 01:27   #4 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

there is a product here in NZ which is a self adhesive film application for protecting headlamps (maybe 3M) Not sure of brand or who markets it, but maybe worth an enquiry?
Old 05-18-2003, 02:26   #5 (permalink)
AUIIIXR6VCT

Yep used it on a friends HSV and it made the light crack worse when he hit a stone. Its like a plastic which when placed over the light dry's hard like a proper perspect plastic.

We thought they were a good idea.

I have seen another product used by Kenworth Trucks Australia which is a just like your normal head light cover, but is attached to the glass of the light with a velcro type material. They stick on great and have worked for people i know, and considering they are on long haul trucks, they must be pretty tough.

The only question is, whether you can get them small enough, and if you are worreid about having a kenworth badge on the middle of your lights.

Otherwise i have one last idea. You can now buy cheap number plate covers, for 10 bucks. They are perspects, but very thin. IM thinking if you buy a set of them, cut them into nice neat circles, and then try the velcro trick maybe?

Otherwise im all out of suggestions. Except for EL XR headlight covers, you could buy them and put the velcro on them? Im not sure if they are big enough tho?

Its all worth a try, once one person works it out, the rest can follow.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:23   #6 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

Interesting ideas... I think I might need a little ingenuity to work out a nice neat way to protected (what me thinks) an expensive replace job if they get hit by a stone
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 06:24   #7 (permalink)
out of control

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIIXR6VCT
Otherwise i have one last idea. You can now buy cheap number plate covers, for 10 bucks. They are perspects, but very thin. IM thinking if you buy a set of them, cut them into nice neat circles, and then try the velcro trick maybe?
cheaper to go to a perspex place (maybe a sign shop, depends where you are) and get them to cut the perspex and they should be able to put a concave in it for ya too so it matchs the right shape.
LostBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons