Ford Forums banner

XR sales

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  baxr6 
#1 ·
I'm probably stating the obvious here but it looks like sales of the XR6T are way ahead of the XR6NA and XR8. I dropped into Etheridge Ford in Vermont last night on my way home from work to look at the XR's and visualise how one would look in my carport.

There were about 5 or 6 XR8's there, an absolute shiteload of XR6NA's, probably as many as 12 and not a single XR6T in the place!!! If this is any indication there may be some discounting to move the XR6NA's that are piling up in the yards....... and no waiting list.

What have you guys seen? Is this the general pattern?

Now to crunch the numbers.......

#2 ·
Hi Bearman,

You will find there are heaps more XR6N/A sold than the Ts. I see more N/As on the road than Ts or 8s. The waiting time from order of between 2-5 months for some would explain that. Some of the larger dealers like Etheridge only get a couple Ts allocated to them per month, whereas the N/A is readily available. The XR8 does not have as much a dealy from order as does the T.

My wait for my T is getting towards 2.5months, should be built first week of Oct.

I drive past Etheridge Vermont every day and have seen those same cars there for the past 5 months. I think the options/colours do not match up with customers requests so they simply order exactly what they want and know it will not take long to have it delivered. I think Ford have a problem with the base XT series as everyone wants the awesome looks of the XR series.

You could probably get a good deal on those at the dealers already, but I doubt they will discount new orders. The demand is too high.

Good luck with your choices.

#4 ·
In Brissy, I see loads of XR6's but very few Turbos or XR8 sedans. There seems to be more XR8 utes than sedans.

#5 ·
XR6T4ME said:
I think Ford have a problem with the base XT series as everyone wants the awesome looks of the XR series.

I think a couple of other factors need to be looked at here.

One is the price XT vs XR6 or Futura vs XR6.

I had originally only intended to buy an XT, but when I looked at the comparative price of the two with the options I wanted on each, there was less than a $3000 difference, and when you consider the bodykit, foglights, trimand cred of the XR name, that's bugger all on a $45K car.

Secondly, with the XR6 N/A having the same spec motor as the XT, many more lease companies are allowing them as lease cars as they're no longer considered to be 'hotted up' over the base model. Many more reps are driving the N/A XR6 this time around compared to the XT.

Also, Novated Leasing is a much more common in general now than it was 3-4 years ago.

On the general question, Ford is limited in how many Turbo's and 8's it can sell by the capacity of the engine production lines at Geelong and FPV respectively.

#6 ·
I agree with JR there.

A heap of XR6 NAs are going to fleet from what would have been Futura sales hadnt the price been so close (only $520 without options).

And considering fleet buyers make up about 70% of total sales, thats a heap of XR6NAs getting about.

#7 ·
Fella's, thanks for your insight. I hadn't considered the fleet angle. It just suprised me to see so many XR6NA's sitting on the lot. They're incredible value when you think about it. I'm amazed they sell any Futura's!!!

XR6T4ME said:
I drive past Etheridge Vermont every day and have seen those same cars there for the past 5 months. I think the options/colours do not match up with customers requests so they simply order exactly what they want and know it will not take long to have it delivered.
I think you may be right about the length of time those cars have been there. Two of them are Narooma Blue which has been discontinued a while ago!!

#9 ·
I can't find the thread it was mentioned in, but there was a press release from Ford at one stage relating to XR sales.

It basically said that whereas AU XR sales ran at about 5-10% of production, BA XR sales are over 30%.

This gives you a fair idea of how many buyers are switching to the XR from the base model.

#10 ·
Baxr6

The lease companies dipped in big time with resales on the Falcon XR's an S commodores, so the base cost might be up but the depreciation is less, so they can offer, as was in my case, a white XT with LPG or for extra $10 per week Blueprint XR6, easy choice isn't it.
There should be some good second hand deals coming up in about 2-3 years as most of the repmobiles are generally well looked after

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.