XR Seat Wear - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2003, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

Thumbs down XR Seat Wear

Has anyone else noticed the scuffing of the big foamy bits that are supposed to wrap around you. Every time I get into they car I try not to angle myself in so as not to rub against them, but it can't be helped. The passenger side is looking pretty scruffy as well. It seems a shame to have to put covers on the seats. The alternative is to get the base and the back side bits reshaped (cut back) at around 200 - 250 dollars per seat. If they are all going like mine, there are going to be a lot of shabby looking seats out there.
FANTM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2003, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
BA at last

I've only had mine 3 weeks but I did notice something very similar in a BA XT wagon I drove. It had less than 10K on the clock and the drivers seat already looked terrible. The side of the seat base was flattened out and the material had some big crease marks in it. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:48   #3 (permalink)

Same here, I noticed mine fluffin up after about a month. I have tried to get some covers for it but they didn't have any in Autobarn that fitted. They also wanted $400 for custom made Sheepskin.
I am also tring to find a decent style as it would be a shame to cover up a really nice looking seat.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:58   #4 (permalink)

Not sure about the BA, but the commodore with side airbags means NO Seat covers allowed....
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:32   #5 (permalink)
XR6 Turbo pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Devil CV8
Not sure about the BA, but the commodore with side airbags means NO Seat covers allowed....
Side airbags are only an option on BA's so unless someone has optioned them, they can use seat covers.

I've had my XR for a bit over 2 months, 7000+ km and no signs of what you guys have described. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 06-05-2003, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

I've had two interiors in mine, because the first one was the wrong colour, and both fluffed up. The first drivers seat had one thread pull out as well. I've tried to be extra careful angling myself into the car but I can't help but rub against it a little.
Seems a shame to put on seat covers and cover that impressive Phantom interior.
Old 06-05-2003, 17:47   #7 (permalink)
SM

One reason why I'm stoked with the leather!!
Old 06-05-2003, 18:13   #8 (permalink)

Most seat fabrics will fluff up, especially in the base. Its like new carpet, you constantly get the fluff until it wears in.

A tip from an upholsterer is to get a sharp razor blade, and carefully shave the fluff from the fabric then vacuum it.

I had the fluff after about 3000k so i shaved it off and vacumed it. You could never tell that it ever fluffed up. My car has now over 10,000km and no signs of wear.

I think once you remove the initial fluffing in the fabric it will be ok.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons