XR6 cold induction? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2004, 06:44   #1 (permalink)
XR Madness!

XR6 cold induction?

How good are these cold induction setups i keep seeing on Ebay?
They sell for around $350 and a lot of people are bidding on them.
Don't see many of you guys/girls with them on your performance spec sheets.
Would the do much to a NA BAXR6?
Heef101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 06:58   #2 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Re: XR6 cold induction?

Some people swear by them(SS Induction ones) but a larger XR8 style air intake (it has a larger opening but looks identical) will do fine. I have an AU but I'm sure the BA uses the same standard air intake as the AU.

Most ppl think the SS induction style air intakes are over priced.

Edit: There's also these you can buy http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/fa...r/cai_duct.htm
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip

Last edited by loxxr6; 11-27-2004 at 07:04. Reason: add link.
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 18:29   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

If its an XR6 NA you are better off fitting the intake snorkel off a turbo as they are a lot bigger and cost about $35.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:26   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

yeah, i did that.. you hardly notice the difference.. i also got the k&N air filter too.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

yeah, i did that.. you hardly notice the difference.. i also got the k&N air filter too.

All the snorkel did for me was make the car rev a bit more freely...which is cool. It's def not a huge difference in power.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 18:53   #6 (permalink)

hey Heef101, yeh ive been doing a fair bit of research myself on air intake for xr6 N/a
the
SS induction unit,yes its well advertised but.. yeh i went 2 a place the other day that sells BPT products. i cant remeber the site, but hey just use the xr8 air intake but with a dual air intake. bout $200 or so, or $300 . including a BMC pod filter which is far more cheaper with all that , for an SS unit. and the guy ran some dyno test for me explaining why the normal air intake is far more effective than the ss unit..

the ss unit is located ontop of the radiator, so after u drive for a few mins, it heats up , and yeh on the dyno test its like 1 kw or so on an xr6 better than a pod dual air intake but the ss unit doesnt carry the dyno graph with it as you drive. meaning, after the 3rd set of lights, your loosing KW with the ss unit because its drawing in warm air, it gives u a better sound but you would loose power gain..
but the dual air system uses an xr6Turbo snorkel and a headlight airintake that goes in2 a pod..

should b gettin it within the week.. just that im not sure at the moment, why a person would make a business out of selling ford xr8 parts when u can just go 2 ford.. but ford dont do a dual air pod intake i dun think.. =/
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons