XR6 EF Stationwagon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2003, 02:41   #1 (permalink)

XR6 EF Stationwagon

A close friend of mine recently inherited a very nice XR6 EF stationwagon, 1 owner (his grand-father) with very low K's... wondering if anyone could help answer these questions:

How much approx. is it worth?

It's auto at the moment, how much $$$$ would converting it to manual cost?

What performance upgrades could you do it, excluding major mods like turbos/super-charging it etc..

And do after market air filters really give extra power?

Cheers..
Justin C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2003, 02:59   #2 (permalink)

You have a very rare car indeed and I would think that it would maintain its maximum value if kept totally stock, or modded with not so obvious options. I bought a brand new BA Futura wagon and would have loved instead to have found a mint condition EF series II XR6 wagon if I had enough time (needed a wagon for more space). Best looking wagon Ford had built followed by an XF Ghia (III) wagon I thought.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:32   #3 (permalink)

Re: XR6 EF Stationwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin C.
A close friend of mine recently inherited a very nice XR6 EF stationwagon, 1 owner (his grand-father) with very low K's... wondering if anyone could help answer these questions:

How much approx. is it worth?

It's auto at the moment, how much $$$$ would converting it to manual cost?

What performance upgrades could you do it, excluding major mods like turbos/super-charging it etc..

And do after market air filters really give extra power?

Cheers..
I brought mine for $22,000 in 2000 with 70,000 klicks on the clock (it's now got 170,000) some dealer guidebooks say they are only worth 10-12,000 private sale and around 15,000 in a dealers yard.

It's his car but personally I wouldn't bother changing it to a manual, while the manuals are rarer - it's not worth the hassals to convert.

Extractors, exhaust, Inlet mods do the world of good on these models, I have done the exhaust but have not yet got extractors, suspension wise I've only done shocks, 16" rims and DBA slotted disks and they have certainly made it ride better, lowering helps but if you want to scrape the underside everywhere you go leave it at Tickford "standard" height. (even then it still scrapes)

To answer your last question - Yes - maybe a couple of KWs but, (as I've already said) when fitted in conjunction with the extractors and exhaust, it allows the engine to work a lot more efficient - more power & more economy.

Curls
I'm not too sure if the EF XR6 Wagon was continued into series II - They were only ED and EF but had been discontinued before series II was introduced - Could be wrong though! I thought about a BA wagon but when they told me you couldn't get a manual, and they wouldn't build it as an XR6 I told them to jam it - a manual XR6WGN is rarer anyway.

See Yah

Paul B
XR6WGN

Last edited by xr6wgn; 09-08-2003 at 03:35.
xr6wgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 16:59   #4 (permalink)

Re: Re: XR6 EF Stationwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6wgn

Curls
I'm not too sure if the EF XR6 Wagon was continued into series II -
I think you are right. Local tradesman bought one of the last AU SR wagons and for $1500 the dealer fitted an XR front. Looks OK, but nowhere as nice as your EF XR6 wagon.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 20:08   #5 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Your right WGN, the XR was only ED and EFI.

Pitty, they are so rare would swap my sedan for s decent one any day.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 17:32   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Available in both sedan and wagon (a move that would not be repeated for some years to come), the XR6 wagon became a somewhat special find - and totally under rated - on the second hand car market, with many being treated with nowhere near the respect they deserved. -Which is a real pitty, considering the usefulness and stylishness of the Falcon XR6 wagon - a much missed addition to the Falcon range. Why there was never a XR8 wagon is a mystery - especially considering the similiar power outputs. Unfortunately the XR6 wagon had ceased to be offered by the time the EF2 had been released.
This site Here has heaps of info on the Ef XR Cars

So yes the wagon wasn't available as an EF2 :)
tract0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 19:03   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

My understanding was that there was an EF series II XR6 wagon, but obviously I was misinformed. Upon its demise with the EL's introduction, wagon buyers were consoled with optional Tickford suspension being available for the first time. The source of this info is Wheels magazine upon the EL's release, so they must have been confused.

Redbook lists only an EF I XR6 wagon too.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S

Last edited by Troutman; 09-19-2003 at 19:07.
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons