XR6 pre-delivery checklist needed. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 02:35   #1 (permalink)
BA MkII XR6

XR6 pre-delivery checklist needed.

Hey Guys, I pick up my new MKII XR6 sedan on Wednesday from the dealer. Is there anything in particular I need to check for before I accept delivery (ie I was told the boot trim in the Mk1's being dodgy, etc)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Also, How quick did you guys get your cars. I ordered mine on 28/06/05 & it was delivered to my dealer on 08/07/05 here in WA.

SteelHand.
SteelHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2005, 02:42   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: XR6 pre-delivery checklist needed.

that's pretty bloody quick delivery mate. enjoy your new toy. :)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:40   #3 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHand
Hey Guys, I pick up my new MKII XR6 sedan on Wednesday from the dealer. Is there anything in particular I need to check for before I accept delivery (ie I was told the boot trim in the Mk1's being dodgy, etc)

Also, How quick did you guys get your cars. I ordered mine on 28/06/05 & it was delivered to my dealer on 08/07/05 here in WA.

SteelHand.
Just make sure it has a turbo on it!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
BA MkII XR6

Love to, but to damn expensive. I went for the Luxury pack instead.
Old 07-11-2005, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
BA MkII XR6

I went & had a quick look at the car today before I pick it up on Wednesday afternoon. I stuck my head inside & got a massive hit of that intoxicating leather & new car smell mixed in together, Mmmmmm.

There's nothing like looking at half a dead cow installed into your car. I was having second thoughts about the colour (Shockwave or Rapid were my other considerations) but now that I've seen it, I'm glad I went with Silhouette.

Two more sleeps to go.

SteelHand.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:14   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
that's pretty bloody quick delivery mate. enjoy your new toy. :)
I take it, that's existing stock and not a build to order?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:24   #7 (permalink)
BA MkII XR6

No, it was built to order with:
Luxury Pack
LSD
Spare Alloy Wheel

I was looked after as my mechanic personally knows the General Manager of the dealership. The GM rang Ford directly and placed the order for me. Maybe thats why I got it so quick. Either that or they had one on the production line and just replaced the interior with the luxury pack and added the rest.

SteelHand
Old 07-11-2005, 15:17   #8 (permalink)

You went for the LSD eh ? You will be clunking and thumping your way around town in no time dude.

1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 00:28   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHand

SteelHand.
Only advice I'd pass on is DON'T hurry to grab the keys and run, if possible try to pick it up during the day, better light to spot potential paint issues etc...and you won't get the "sorry, we close soon feeling". Really take your time, just as you would if checking it over after some repair work for eg. You will be asked to sign an acceptance form, I'd make a list of any problems you pick up (hopefully it's none) on this form and have the salesman co-sign your points so that they will be dealt with at first service and no problems regarding warranty can take place. I'd also suggest an oil change at the first 3000km service even though it's not required.

That is a very quick delivery time, maybe they grabbed one from another dealer who had the same specs on order...either way happy & safe motoring.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:01   #10 (permalink)
MCHLUV

congrats mate! sounds like u can't wait! check the tilt mechanism on the seats, apparently they had a faulty batch! oh and mine also came missing a clip off the air intake at the front centr of the engine bay!

other than that, do the pick up very slowly, give yourself time to realise this is yours now.......but first you gotta check it all over and make sure it's all sweet and tender! don't rush!

well, have fun! drive safe! i advise a car rule, "no srcew on lid, not commin in the car!" i learnt that the hard way with hot coffee two days after pick up!
MCHLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons