Xr6= S S/c, Xr6t=ss Xr8= ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2002, 23:32   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Xr6= S S/c, Xr6t=ss Xr8= ???

Well, in the land of the Eastern Islands, where mags from the west Islands of NZ (aka Aust.) arrive on about the 10th of the month they are for (eg Nov wheels and Motor arrived about 10 Nov.), all the comparison reports are alligned with a little distortion toward Holden.

For example, the XR6 NA vs S Supercharged, XR6T vs SS.

What will happen when the XR8 comes out? The mags (if they are truely unbiased) will have to retest SS vs XR8, as they did when Gen III broke the news (they didn't, in my knowledge EVER test SS vs TS/TE when the XR was 200kw, instead doing XR8 200kw vs SS 225kw). If they have any guts at all, they'll compare XR8 vs SS with the 25kw (235 vs 260 kw) on the other hoof.

And if they compare XR8 vs Club Sport, what'll the GT and GT P go against? Oh dear, Holden have, for the moment run out of cars....
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2002, 00:16   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Sorry mate but I recon the reason why the XR6T is going head to head with the SS is beacuse the XR8 is not here yet, and won't be untill 03.

XR6 (na) Vs. S Supercharged (No contest)
XR6 Turbo Vs. SV8 (This is disputed and rightfully so...)
XR8 Vs. SS (There will be no contest here either...)

IMO
Prit.
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

I figured that the XR6's would be up against all the Holdens, like the S SS SV8, while the XR8 is pitted against a clubsport and the GT against the GTS. Basically Ford has to stretch their range of products to combat HSV as well as Holden.
Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
BSR

Xr8 was never intended to go against the HSV range.....thats what FPV is for.

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 14:09   #5 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

Re: Xr6= S S/c, Xr6t=ss Xr8= ???

Quote:
Originally posted by AUII XR8

And if they compare XR8 vs Club Sport, what'll the GT and GT P go against? Oh dear, Holden have, for the moment run out of cars....
It would actually seem like Ford have a gap at the top of the model lineup with nothing to go against the GTS... (much less HRT427)
subliminal message to Ford Aus: Build a GT-HO

For now it would seem that the turbo has beaten the SS so a three way between SS/XR8/XR6T would be really good.

Comparing ANY holden six with any falcon six is a waste of time until the HFV6 arrives, then it should be a really tough contest.

The fact that the XR8 will be compared against the Clubbie is a good thing. Remember everyone whinging about the XR6t being compared to the SS? no complaints when it won.

People in this market segment with enough money to buy these cars generally have enough brain power to make an educated decision. It is quite obvious that if an XR8 and clubbie are comparable performance cars and the XR is 10k cheaper then no magazine comparos will make the HSV a better car.
EAFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 20:56   #6 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

I see it this way.

S (na) - XR6 (na)
S (S/C) - XR6t
Sv8 - XT with V8
SS - XR8
Clubbie - FPV GT
Clubbie R8 - FPV GT-p
GTS - Umm... HO?

So there.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 22:41   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairmont_96
I figured that the XR6's would be up against all the Holdens, like the S SS SV8, while the XR8 is pitted against a clubsport and the GT against the GTS. Basically Ford has to stretch their range of products to combat HSV as well as Holden.
Sorry but the direct comparo's should read as follows..

XR6 - S
XR6T - S Supercharged
XR8 - SS
GT - Clubby
GT-P - Clubby R8
Pursute - Maloo/R8

Ford at the moment do not have a direct competitor for the GTS.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 23:01   #8 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Quote:
[i]
Ford at the moment do not have a direct competitor for the GTS. [/B]
From what I've read about underestimation of power, the GT/GT-P should go well against the GTS. That leaves the HO though, if it goes ahead. As I said, 'Oh dear, Holden have run out of cars'.
Old 11-28-2002, 23:15   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by AUII XR8
From what I've read about underestimation of power, the GT/GT-P should go well against the GTS. That leaves the HO though, if it goes ahead. As I said, 'Oh dear, Holden have run out of cars'.
Have no fear.. GT will do extremely well against the GTS.. however GT is not targeted at GTS. Makes you wonder what will happen further down the track.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 23:49   #10 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
Have no fear.. GT will do extremely well against the GTS.. however GT is not targeted at GTS. Makes you wonder what will happen further down the track.
Wanna bet that won't stop our lovely GM biased media (Joshua, are you listening) trying to ram this comparo down our throats so it won't be so obvious that the FPV range kicks the arse of the HSV's.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons