xr6 towed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 19:36   #1 (permalink)

mad xr6 towed

ok, now i'm getting a little pissed!! following the problem with the throttle warning light, throttle body has been replaced, no luck, so it spent another 2 days at ford for a new computer, picked up friday afternoon was told no luck. Took car home for weekend went fine apart from the warning light. On my way to work car decided to get a mind of its own, accelerating and decelerating as it pleases, usually ended up in a stall. Did this a number of times, i evetually got to work - only just, ford had it towed to the dealer. still waiting for a response.
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2003, 19:39   #2 (permalink)

Ouch :/
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
BOF

Re: xr6 towed

Quote:
Originally posted by dk_falconXR6
On my way to work car decided to get a mind of its own, accelerating and decelerating as it pleases, usually ended up in a stall. Did this a number of times, i evetually got to work - only just
And if that isnt one of the most serious issues ever then I dont know what is!! Imagine going through a school zone and mowing down a few kids when the car just decided to go!! FORD we have a problem!!
VC Valiant 245Hemi, 280zx Nissan 5 speed, 88 EA 3.9CFI,94 ED Gli X Chaser, 79 FC LTD, 351, FMX, 91 EA2 Fairmont Ghia, 1999 AU S pack, 2000 AU Forte, 1992 EB2 XR8, 2001 AU2 SR, 2002 VX2 Acclaim, 2002 VX2 Manual S pack,2003 BA XR6 manual, 2001 VX2 Berlina.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 19:59   #4 (permalink)
gone

Yes agree

What has been the dealers response to this issue?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 20:04   #5 (permalink)

Re: xr6 towed

Quote:
Originally posted by dk_falconXR6
ok, now i'm getting a little pissed!! following the problem with the throttle warning light, throttle body has been replaced, no luck, so it spent another 2 days at ford for a new computer, picked up friday afternoon was told no luck. Took car home for weekend went fine apart from the warning light. On my way to work car decided to get a mind of its own, accelerating and decelerating as it pleases, usually ended up in a stall. Did this a number of times, i evetually got to work - only just, ford had it towed to the dealer. still waiting for a response.

That is serious hope Ford fixes the problem and it is just an isolated issue. I never really trusted electronic throttle controls. :-/
Danv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 20:57   #6 (permalink)

So far haven't heard from the dealer, his initial response was to immediately send out a tow truck to pick it up. It's been picked up.
Old 03-30-2003, 20:59   #7 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

That's BAD!

Please keep us up-to-date on what happens. I've had a few problems, but nothing I'd consider DANGEROUS, which is what happened to you this morning.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 22:42   #8 (permalink)

Dealer this morning said a part was available for repair, however i got a call this afternoon saying that the part in stock was "damaged". My guess is that it didn't fix the problem. I now have to get dropped off at the dealer so i can pick up a loan car which i can only have until morning where i must return the car, find a lift to work, and then back to the dealer when mine's fixed. Apparently they have no loan cars available, i'm getting a car from the sales lot. This is a f$%$%ing joke, my work is 1/2 way between home and the dealer. i didn't buy a new car to be stuck in a merry-go-round with loan cars. :( i'm getting extremely pissed.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with the warning light. My advise is, as soon as you get a warning light have the car towed, there's no telling what it will do. I was on the freeway travelling at 110km'h when it just decelerated then accelerated a number of times. In then end i just hit the clutch and put it in neutral (manual), where it then stalled leaving me with no power steering or brakes. (couldn't restart the car for a few minutes until the warning lights switched off)............
Old 03-30-2003, 22:45   #9 (permalink)
gone

Ring the Dealer Principal of the car yard

Explain that loan car situation is not acceptable and that you require a car UNTIL your car is repaired.

Also raise this issue in relation to car probs with Ford Customer Relations NOW
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 22:51   #10 (permalink)

I'm not going to waste my time with the dealer principal, i'll pick up the loan car tonight, and simply not go back there until my car is ready. If they want their car back, they can fix mine first :)

If the problem is not rectified by tomorrow, i will call the customer relations centre in melbourne, and put in an official complaint.

I would hope that they would know me by now after the incident with the replacement of my AUI with the AUII.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons