XR6 - What Colour??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2003, 18:59   #1 (permalink)

confused XR6 - What Colour???

Hi all,

I know this will be very much a personal choice, but would still like other's opinions.....

I will soon be ordering an XR6.

My first colour choice is Phantom. However I live on a dirt road so the dust will show up pretty bad on that colour, I will be forever washing it.

My next choice would be red - bit cheaper, looks fast, eye catching, but for some reason when I see the red I think Holden....even though the red heritage does go back to XY GT days.

The red will no doubt hide the dirt/dust better, but finding it hard to commit to that colour, as I really like the Phantom.

According to the dealer red is the second least popular colour, with Phantom third or fourth least popular. This is fine by me - means less of them on the road...mine will stand out more..

Anyway looking forward to seeing other's opinions on colour.

Cheers,

Michael.
mook05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2003, 22:00   #2 (permalink)

Even though i live in a really dusty area, i still would choose black again. I never really liked black cars before but it just kept growing on me.
Another reason i chose black is that in almost any environment it looks stylish and sporty and it never seems to go out of fashion.

If you want a colour that hides the dust as well as stands out go Citric Acid. I admit the colour is not for everyone but when you see one in the flesh you will be impressed
Old 05-17-2003, 22:50   #3 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

Go Mercury Silver !! Looks great.
Though Black was a close second choice- very high maintance to look great all the time though.
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 03:46   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

I own a Citric Acid GT and it is a case of drive it once and wash it twice.
Citric acid does show up the dirt. Maybe Acid Rush would be better???
GT#58
MARK'S DEE GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 04:14   #5 (permalink)

acid rush for us after a drk blue car last time it is a breeze to keep clean as it does not show up dust as much always wasded every week.
IAN SCHMIDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 04:20   #6 (permalink)
Formerly ELGhiaFury

But that Citric Acid is oh so sweet! Or how about Pearl Blue? Never seen one in the flesh but I like the pics I've seen (GT with white stipes).

Anyone seen a Pearl Blue in the flesh, would be interested in everyone's opinion?
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 08:53   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Narooma Blue or Black mate...

The blue is just soooo classy

then again phantom kicks ass too
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 09:37   #8 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

i know washings a pain but you should still get the colour you most want cause it is alot of money your forking over, and you myswell be completly happy with it.. even if it is bit dusty

hell.... if i can take a drive i'll wash it for you hehehehe

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 16:43   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

I think the Narooma is the goer, classy and not too overstated.
Old 05-18-2003, 20:26   #10 (permalink)
KezzaXR6

biggrin

Have to agree with Plee (because he's my husband and I'm too chicken to say otherwise!).

We originally wanted Blueprint, but with only one XR6 on the floor, being Narooma Blue (and manual thankfully!), it was either a 2 month wait, or take the Narooma.

On the way to check out the car in the yard, out of all the XR's waiting to be picked up, most were either Blueprint, Acid Rush or Phantom. Kinda made me glad we got something different.

Gets hopelessly dirty, but when clean, is absolutely gorgeous (and has a slightly purple tinge at night, which is rather groovy).

And like everyone has said - don't get sucked into the paint protection. $600 later, I get the feeling we were duped so the "After Sales Con******t" could meet her target and get her bonus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons