Ford Forums banner

XR8 Enforcer/DevilR

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  XRQTOR 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I saw both of these cars on display at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide a few weeks ago and they both looked poxy!

The sticker decals on the bonnet hump made it look cheap, the wheels were only average and apart from the interior options, both these cars looked like a waste of time!

Its good for Ford to recognize the achievement of stone bros, but as a huge SBR fan myself, i thought it made the boys look silly!

Just buy a standard one and get the exact options you want, and options that look good, not the ones that look shit and you have to pay for anyway!

#11 ·
Dannopower said:
I saw both of these cars on display at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide a few weeks ago and they both looked poxy!

The sticker decals on the bonnet hump made it look cheap, the wheels were only average and apart from the interior options, both these cars looked like a waste of time!

Its good for Ford to recognize the achievement of stone bros, but as a huge SBR fan myself, i thought it made the boys look silly!

Just buy a standard one and get the exact options you want, and options that look good, not the ones that look shit and you have to pay for anyway!
That is so damn true.

#12 ·
Here's a hint for anyone interested in buying one of these cars.

Buy yourself a standard XR, and an SBR t-shirt. With the change you will save, buy a edit tuner for your car.

You will be much happier!

#14 ·
Na mate, a rich person would walk in to SBR and Buy one of their cars! :hy:

#19 ·
wow! an 18 inch alloy spare! thats fantastic!
:ripped:

#20 ·
Dannopower said:
wow! an 18 inch alloy spare! thats fantastic!
:ripped:
What do you normally get? Most manufacturers use a "space saver" spare now which is really a money saver spare as I full sized one would fit easily. Looked in the boot of a Subaru the other day. It had a 135/70/16 spare. You could just about fit two of them in the spare wheel well.

#21 ·
crank said:
Have you read the list of features that include premium brakes, leather seats, 18" alloy wheels inc 18" alloy spare and some other stuff?

It's an excellent deal for a limited edition car.
Wowzzors! I think the XR8 has 18" Alloy Wheels. But the rest are options that would still make the car cost less. I'd buy that stock XR8.

#22 · (Edited)
I'm going to buck the trend here and say I thinks its a good package. I must admit I'm not overally impressed with look of the decals (Devil R one inparticular) and also prefer the look of the standard 18" alloys, but having all the other goodies would be certainly worthwhile for the $3k extra. That's the cost of the Premium brakes option alone and after owning the stardard items, it's certainly a benefit.

If I ordered one, the first thing I would do is change the wheels for either an aftermarket design or the GTP 19" version and get a rebate on the value of the 5 18" Shadow style factory units. I reckon either model would look great with those.

Overall it would be nice to have an XR8 that's just a little bit special than the others, like the XR8 Rebel in the AU3 series.

#24 ·
yeah i think they are a great idea and if you dont like the bonnet decals just pull them of, it seams no matter what ford do there is always someone whinging about it. Wether you like it or not it is a limited edition and some lucky buggers will get to own it but most of us wont,if you work it out it is cheaper than specing up a normal xr8

#25 ·
Atleast they tried, the extra $$$ is well worth it. $3,ooo for bigger brakes, leather seats and the rest is a top deal. Like Colville pointed out i would love to have seen the GT-P 19's on both cars along with the GT-P styled seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.