XR8 or GT on Novated Lease. Advice please. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 22:40   #1 (permalink)

XR8 or GT on Novated Lease. Advice please.

My BA XR6 ute will come up for replacement at the end of next year. Its a company car that is leased by my employer for my personal use along with a fuel card. I do about 40000k a year. Anyway, I just got a promotion and have been offerd to change to a novated lease if I want. I am tempted because I can then get the car of my dreams.

Does anyone here have experience with novated leases? If I go for it should I get my dream car, a Shockwave GT with the white stripes or just get a XR8.

I will buy the ute as I need a ute around the place, my wife is keen to get it so that would work out ok.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Pine N Lime XC 5.8 GS Fairmont Wagon,
Apollo Blue 75 ZG Fairlane 50th Anniversary.
Brooklands Green 83 Capri Mk3 2.8i
Green EL Fairmont Ghia (The wifes).
Black BA XR6 Ute
Fordson Super Major Tractor
Fordson Super Dexta Tractor
Ford D1211 tray truck
Yes, I like Fords.
jg66me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: XR8 or GT on Novated Lease. Advice please.

i'd go the whole hog, get the gt. you'll always be thinking that you should have gone for it if you don't.

glad to hear that the missus is on board!! :)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 18:04   #3 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

You'll have to pay luxury car tax, for a vehicle over a certain dollar value. Factor in that as well as higher insurance etc. Depending on your pay rise, it may not be an issue. Being in the 40,000kM bracket will almost halve your FBT.
Old 12-11-2005, 23:04   #4 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Hi, Im hopefully picking up my Rapid with black stripes GT-P, sunroof, sat nav, leather, short shifter, the works, this friday, we have salary sacrificed it through the Air Force.
Costing me about $900 fortnight, but get back a $260 tax cut, along with not having to have cash for fuel, maintenance, tyres, insurance, rego, etc.

My figures have come out that actual out of pocket expenses is around $300 fortnight, for the whole package. couldnt get a loan for that amount.

Im very happy, would never have a GT-P in my garage without salary sacrifice.

But saying that I would definitely be paying a visit to a financial planner or your accountant, because it doesnt work for everyone. My last 2 cars have been salary sacrificed and its workd out excellent.

Give me a PM if you want any more info.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 00:26   #5 (permalink)

Hi Mate...
In the same boat as you just got a promotion and a car allowance and thinking of buying a xr8 or a xr6 turbo have my heart set on an 8 but started to think should i go for the turbo, cheaper fuel and all that... then just said to myself f*** it, i'll get something i want because i will regret it later on and you'll always be kicking yourself
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:10   #6 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Mate i asume when u say you want a GT and then you go on to say you need a ute that you would be getting a Pursuit, we have one and have ticked over around 41,000 not a problem and this is a tradies car everyday, go for it you won't regret it
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40   #7 (permalink)
old B - new B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 T
Mate i asume when u say you want a GT and then you go on to say you need a ute that you would be getting a Pursuit, we have one and have ticked over around 41,000 not a problem and this is a tradies car everyday, go for it you won't regret it
i think he ment he would buy his old ute from the lease company for the wife and get a new GT sedan on lease.

i lovely delamer to have to work out.
i`m jealous
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:41   #8 (permalink)

Utes and females......bloody good value.
some female friends of mine a few years ago were looking at buying NEW cars. As they weren't into the family scene yet, i advised they buy Utes (all of em bought falcons), and don't lend em out for ute purposes.

the purchases were 1x XG and 2x XH.

Being females, the most work they ever did was carting about a friend and some shopping. So the load area's were PERFECT.

All of them got TOP dollar for their cars when they went to family units, except one. She was told to sell her car Privatley to maximise her dollars, was given a laser as a loan car so she could sell hers and await delivery of her Typhoon....a dealer with scruples :) OMFG!!!

Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51   #9 (permalink)

Whether a Novated lease is cheaper or not depends on your percentage of work travel in the vehicle. If you do lots of work ks it's probably a better bet to claim them in your tax an finance the vehicle through commercial HP or similar. Do some research and talk to your accountant.
Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 16:52   #10 (permalink)

A real company car (what you have now)is better then a novated lease. With a novated lease, YOU are responsible for meeting the residual at the end. Novated lease will be a step backwards for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons