XR8 Jnr? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2003, 05:09   #1 (permalink)
Converted

XR8 Jnr?

In Dec02's Motor, p13 talked about Ford releasing a SOHC 230kV V8 XR8 which they nicknamed XR8 Jnr. Supposedly this was to directly challenge the SV8 from a marketing perspective.

I've got a feeling this model is (now) never going to see the light of day but I'm willing to be stood (?) corrected.

Anyone know anything on this one?
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2003, 05:30   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I don't like its chances. Price would be too close to the Turbo. Using a base XR6 plus the V8 option at roughly $5000 it would probably cost about $42000 which is about $1000 cheaper than the turbo, which would flog it.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 06:12   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

I must admit, I was also looking forward to this model appearing back then, however now some time has past I can not see the logic. The XR6T fills the boots and then some. If Ford boosted the performance of the 220, unless it was as fast as the turbo/SV8, what would be the point? Where would this leave the XR8?

I think the XT 220 is a mightly fine package. For series 2 I would like to see a 10kw boost, however this would be more relevant for fairmont and fairlane sales more than for a performance version XT. The XR6T is just too good a package for a striped out base model V8 to complete with (Holden or Ford).

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons