XR8 Power!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2002, 22:40   #1 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Thumbs up XR8 Power!!!

Posted by GUN V8 (on LS1.com.au)

I just want one.
Hi everyone. Gotta mention this as i am quite sure that this may interest some of you lot. I have just driven a 260kw XR8 and a 240kw XR6T back to back. I am going to buy and XR8 Simple no doubts about it. It is quicker. Leave it in 3rd at 90 at deck you foot to give you a good idea about in gear acceleration and leave and xr6t in you wake as well. As for anyone who doubts that the xr8 will outgun the Xr6T, watch out for a gunmetal one in Wheels January edition. Read the time figures and work out that there is no substitute for cubes. And it out accerlerates the turbo with taller gearing as well. Ummmm Just awesome. Its amazing what 500nm of torque can do! CHEERS>

also

Everyone please pay attention to this. Vic Police has just taken delivery of more Xr6T's than you and I can count. They are all at Dawson street at the moment getting fitted out so please don't drag one to satisfy your ego cause its gonna cost ya. CHEERS

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...&threadid=7312

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want one to (P.S- I dont think the guys on LS1 apprciated the info..lol)

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2002, 22:43   #2 (permalink)

Me made the right choice!
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 22:56   #3 (permalink)

Does the 5.4 rev out all the way to 6000rpm. Also how was the gearing with it been tall. Tell us more
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 22:59   #4 (permalink)

Just thinking how did you get to drive this and do you know how much it will be?
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 23:04   #5 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by redwards
Does the 5.4 rev out all the way to 6000rpm. Also how was the gearing with it been tall. Tell us more
From what I know the XR8 is good for revs and will happily go to 6000rpm, however the claims posted above are from GUN V8 on the LS1.com.au forum. Sorry, but you will have to post your questions there unless somebody on FF knows.

Old 12-15-2002, 23:09   #6 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

Tongue

I don't suppose there are any $ signs RE: XR8 yet??
Old 12-15-2002, 23:18   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Just posted on LS1 some questions for you guys, get back with the responses (if any) ..I feel like a translator..lol

Old 12-15-2002, 23:31   #8 (permalink)
FF Moderator

ok Funkypig and redwards, a response from GUN V8..

"It revs extremely well. It appears to reach around 5850-5950 rpm. Close enough to 6000. But the story is it gets there super quick. a windsor would be thinking about reaching 5000rpm when the 4 valve is doing high 5's. It uses a 3.23 final versus a 3.45(turbo.) Expect pricing to be about $52000 with 18"s definitely standard!!! OH and that is just a guess :)"

Old 12-15-2002, 23:40   #9 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Hey, Funkypig, I'm playing translator here for you and redwards to save you posting on LS1, since I already have it running. I just noticed you over on LS1 giving me curry for posting your question for ya!!!.....what gives??

Old 12-16-2002, 00:25   #10 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

roll

OK, fair enough mate. I didnt read your recent posts here at FF, is all good. Sorry for the curry.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons