Xr8 Prices - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2004, 01:01   #1 (permalink)

Xr8 Prices

Hey fellas as some of you may have read i am about to buy a used BA xr8 with no more than 1o,ooo on it. Went to a few dealers today most were more than happy to talk $$$ on a used car. Bloke at the first place i went to said i can do a late 03 plate Ba xr8 for $45,ooo with P-Sound. Oh and it will be brand spanking NEW. Now thats just stuffed my line of thought as i was looking at spending low 40's then modding it with full zorst and depends whats left UD pullies and CAI . Should i spend the extra few grand and buy a newie or buy used and mod it, i honestly dont know which way i should go. I got to drive an envy xr8 ute that had 21km's on it and put another 25 on it.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2004, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Xr8 Prices

Hi XRQTOR,

You need to remember that if you buy a new one at $45k, it will be $48k before you get it on road. That’s the reason behind selling mine (Feb 2004 model) at around $45k with only 5000km, premium sound and the 18"’s. The same car new was worth in the mid $50k's on road.

If you’re into modifications then ‘just used’ is a better way to go IMO. You have the opportunity to see if the car has any warranty issues like brake shudder or drive line shunt etc before purchasing. A lot of the 2003 models have had issues and you need to make sure they have been sorted out. Even some 2004 models have had issues as well. If you plan to modify you need a good solid base to start from.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:31   #3 (permalink)

Buy a 03 plate as new, thats a 8 month car old car ( at least), then go through the issues as CDAA mentioned. I agree with CDAA it is better go with a preloved beast, bugs ironed out,at least you can mould it still, with a degree of uniqueness, and not get caught with a run out 04 plate before the BAII.
NOBOUNDARIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:17   #4 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6â„¢

What about a dealer demo?

Usually most dealer principles have XR's as their personal drive demos which usually do 7 - 9000 kms of easy driving. And in most cases these cars have all the bugs fixed also with heaps of little accessories as well that dealership seem to have lieing around....
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 20:06   #5 (permalink)

Yea i was only planning on buying an 04 with low km's and hopfully a few option's. But it seems everyone drives auto's, manuals are kinda rare. I doubt a late o3 build (nov/dec) will have many problems although if there are the bastard that sold me the car will have hell to pay for. I just think that if i spend 45k on a car it might as well be new, not like the o4's are updated series II models. Anyone know when the series II's are coming out.

Old 07-31-2004, 20:24   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Depending on the dealer, the bugs can be irined out in the pre delivery, except for stuf like brake shudder of course because you never know if you will get it or not . I have had surprisingly few problems with my BA ... other than the gearbox. I attribute this to a decent dealer who did a proper PD not just washed it and removed stickers. Mine is an 02 so it should be full of faults but it's been remarkably trouble free.
Series 2 specs are to be released very soon, IMO.. if you can afford a new car, wait for the Series 2 as I beieve it's going to address a couple of issues that will make it a far better car.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 20:31   #7 (permalink)

$45k is getting right up to my limit for now. How long can we expect b4 the seies 2 comes out like the end of the year. By then i'd have another few grand but not enough for a new XR8. Spose i could buy a new o3 plate wait for 6 months then buy a used series II if they are really that much better. What is the actual problem with the brake shudder, what causes it, can it be fixed.

Old 07-31-2004, 23:23   #8 (permalink)
RACE

XRQTOR, what part of Sydney are you from? I think I can help you...
Old 08-01-2004, 00:11   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
XRQTOR, what part of Sydney are you from? I think I can help you...
I live out campbelltown way. But could care less where i bought a car from as long as im happy.

Old 08-01-2004, 02:59   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Yes, mines a manual and have found that most on the second hand market are auto. If I was in NSW I would suggust you look at mine. Adelaides a bit far to go for a test drive..lol

If $45k is your limit then unless Ratt can help you you may want to forget 'New', especially with Series 2 as you will be looking at $55k on road easy IMO.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons