Xt Coupe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2003, 04:24   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a Superoo on IRC

confused Xt Coupe

Hey im hunting for an XT coupe has anyone ever heard of them in australia i have seen xr and xy tho not sure if they where factory ???
I have seen Bill Bourkes Ideas falcon and were wondering if any other where imported cant find anything else about them tho?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2003, 04:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xt Coupe

yep i have seen an XT coupe but its not for sale and most of them r imported from the US and they have a XW type front end on them but u can change it to a XT front if u r handy with panel work and im tolled they r very cheap and bout 5000 or 6000 have only been made
CK351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:51   #3 (permalink)

i would say go for it cause u can use the falcon bits from here to fix any problems u might come up with so it would be great to see another XT coup mate good luck if u do go ahead with it buddy
CK351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:14   #4 (permalink)

No <i>XT</i> coupes .....

but a few 66-69 US Falcon coupes. Aside from the '66's, the trans-atlantic styling digressed significantly. The earlier examples share <i>similar</i> front and rear sheet metal and styling. Front guards, rear lights and beltline were the same. Their '68 model year significantly differed for our XW.

For '68 the US maintained the earlier front guards with indicators in the bumper and adopted a somewhat unattractive flat, square rear lamp appearence. Dash and instrument clusters, similar in the '66 & '67 cars are chalk and cheese to out Aust assemblies.

'66/'69 US falcons were only offered in 2 sedan body styles; 2 door and 4 door. the 2 door was a pillared style. No "pillarless" sedan (or Falcon) was offered.

Front sheet metal was interchanable so any Aust front will fit. But..... XW/XY panels on the '68/69 look <i>weird</i> (those ugly hind-quarters. If you want one, I reckon go for the XR/XT similar one. That makes your XT 2 door!
fairlanebyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:16   #5 (permalink)

No <i>XT</i> coupes .....

but a few 66-69 US Falcon coupes. Aside from the '66's, the trans-atlantic styling digressed significantly. The earlier examples share <i>similar</i> front and rear sheet metal and styling. Front guards, rear lights and beltline were the same. Their '68 model year significantly differed for our XW.

For '68 the US maintained the earlier front guards with indicators in the bumper and adopted a somewhat unattractive flat, square rear lamp appearence. Dash and instrument clusters, similar in the '66 & '67 cars are chalk and cheese to our Aust assemblies.

'66/'69 US falcons were only offered in 2 sedan body styles; 2 door and 4 door. the 2 door was a pillared style. No "pillarless" sedan (or Falcon) was offered.

Front sheet metal was interchangable so any Aust front will fit. But..... XW/XY panels on the '68/69 look <i>weird</i> (those ugly hind-quarters). If you want one, I reckon go for the XR/XT similar one. That makes your XT 2 door!
fairlanebyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 00:09   #6 (permalink)
Nothing beats a V8

can anyone post a pic of one, cos im a huge fan of the XT's, but have never seen one
XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 08:26   #7 (permalink)

every day at work i see an orange one go by my work in morley, don't know if it's for sale though.
zc347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons