Ford Forums banner

XT Front End

8K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  fordmuscle_83 
#1 ·
Take it easy on me guys, I'm a newbie to this!

Picked up my XT (Venom/alloys/spoiler) about a month ago, the cabbages didn't stretch far enough for a XR so had to settle for a XT.

Happy with the rear end but want to 'mean up' the front end.
Question is - will the front air dam from an XR fit on a XT?

Fordie

#2 ·
Yes it will but you will need to change your headlights as well.
It would look neat, but only the front end as anymore and some XR owners will sream RICE-RICE-RICE-RICE and more RICE.
I will be doing the same, as its only a matter of time before i score a big roo.

#4 ·
I agree outback_ute, the front of the models under the XRs don't look the best they could...I don't think the headlights are prominent enough. That said though with the driving lights, it looks sweet.

The only problem I see with you swapping fronts Fordie is that that will stretch the cabbages aswell.

#6 ·
DavoXT said:
Yes it will but you will need to change your headlights as well.
It would look neat, but only the front end as anymore and some XR owners will sream RICE-RICE-RICE-RICE and more RICE.
I will be doing the same, as its only a matter of time before i score a big roo.
Are you certain the lights need to be changed, they look identical to me.

Why would anyone scream 'rice', it's a genuine Ford part and looks great??
If they did, they'd be the fool......

Rick.

#8 ·
Both the bezel and the outer lense are different in the XR to the XT.
If you reckon you didn't have the dough to spend on the XR , then you certainly won't have the dough to change the front end of the XT to XR.

#13 ·
isnt there already a front skirt available from somewhere?
it was shown on a acid ruch XT with bonnet bulge and new rear wing.

#16 ·
DavoXT said:
thats not rice its a Falcon part going on to a Falcon ..go for it the BA XR front end it has the look...

#18 ·
Re: Re: XT Front End

FordTech65 said:
What about the front of this? It's actually an optional body kit for BA's so you should be able to get the front bumper extension as a replacement part.
That doesn't look too shabby at all!! Go for that!! I've seen a Barossa Red XT with 17" XR rims on it and it looked the goods. The standard XT front is fine.

#22 ·
Sloth said:
That does look awesome. FordTech65, where did that pic come from?
Can you post any more? Rear shots?
Ask and ye shall recieve.They are promotional photo's distributed to Ford dealers that i aquired from a friend.It's actually a genuine accessory body kit that comes painted from factory.(Yes it's actually a better paint quality than on the cars themselves).

Attachments

#23 ·
I've seen a few of these XT with the factory body kit and and 17" wheels at a local dealer. They look good with the exception of the ugly tyres they wrap around those nice alloys.

They must have a special offer on them because they appear to be selling them with this package at no extra cost. Bloody good value!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.