Ford Forums banner

The XW

27K views 106 replies 31 participants last post by  Troy Elliott 
#1 ·
Well i've finally got my ass into gear and recommenced work on the XW. As many of you know it's been painted and is awaiting pretty much everything to be put back.

Basically i've started this thread to get some of your thoughts and opinions on many of the things im going to do in the future.

To start it off i have decided to paint the block of the engine white....yes white.

Why white you ask? Well im trying to stick with a theme and since the interior(including boot) is going to be white i thought id give it a go on the engine. Plus the mechanic painted it blue even after i told him i wanted to paint it the same colour as the car so a white or light colour needed to be used anyway.

I've taken a few pics, but these photos dont really do it any justice and its still missing its polished Ford Racing rocker covers and plenty of polished bits and pieces which will be mounted on the front.

So what do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Thing's look to be coming along nicely Fordy,but I'm not sure about the white Block,maybe it will look different with the chrome on it,bit I think I'd prefer the same colour as the car but that's just me, cheer's.

#3 ·
Wow a white engine!.. I reccon it looks fantastic fordy, keep up the good work.

#5 ·
Never seen a white engine before but chrome and white does look good so give us some pics with the polished stuff .
better make sure you seal it up good otherwise an oil leak will make a mess .One question though how are you connecting the motor to the radiator with the outlets you've got on the heads fordy

#6 ·
302xm said:
One question though how are you connecting the motor to the radiator with the outlets you've got on the heads fordy
Thats a very good question 302xm, and i've been thinking about it for a while but i'll most probably run 2 seperate hose straight across to 2 seperate outlets on the radiator, i've seen this done before on another xw.

But like i said before any other thoughts and ideas are welcome.

#7 · (Edited)
how about somthing like this see below the blue breather you could fabricate one and include a thermostate

Hows that my first ever image

#8 ·
Fordy, I'm not sure about the white engine but anybody willing to take a chance and try something new, then I hope it works out how you want it. At least you'll be able to see any oil leaks. Hope your using good rocker cover gaskets so you don't have that annoying oil seepage. Can't wait to see the pics. I need the inspiration again for my XW.

I'm still trying to do the front end and trying to sort out the upper stabiliser arms but can't seem to get an answer in relation to putting XC ones in. Something about a better ball joint setup?

#14 ·
Ok managed to get hold of a set of convo pros to trial on my car but the donor ute has a shortened 9 inch so they stick out a bit on the back plus i couldnt get enough weight in the back to get the right look(my old mans fat but not fat enough).
I've also managed to do the black around the front of the car and hopefullu the undercarriage this week.
heres the pics

Attachments

#19 ·
Good on ya for trying a different colour Fordy, should look good and it's a break from the traditional Ford Blue.
I copped a bit of shit from mates and people I knew for painting my clevo (American) School Bus Yellow but they can all suck my fat one, as if I was going to paint it Ford Blue when the car was Neptune Blue which is almost looks the same colour.

#25 ·
I would love to hear it one day fordy.

Maybe when you've run the engine in you can put a little mpeg so we can hear the beast as well as look at the whole thing lump over! Well done, good to see things progressing. A definite contender for Ford Performance magazine in future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.