Ford Forums banner

XW GT-HO for sale - Shannons auctions

11K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  4Vman 
#1 ·
#27 ·
nak302 said:
phase 1...............:bang:
please read my previous post^
OK, I went back and read your previous post. Couldnt find any reference to phase 1 1/2 in it though. I made the assumption that a phase 1 1/2 would have been a Phase 1 with a Clevelend engine. I guess that by putting the question mark in you thought I was questioning whether you could get a Cleveland engine in a Phase one. I know that you could (because i read your post last night!) But I have never heard it called phase 1 1/2 and neither had you. Sorry for the creative use of the question mark, hope your head isnt too sore from banging it against the brick wall. :ft: (im not sure about the smilie I just thought it looked funny, lol)

#28 ·
Pepole from GT clubs use the term GTHO Phase 1 1/2 (or cleveland phase 1) to distinguish it from the first GTHO (windsor) and the GTHO Phase 2. Not because Ford called it that. If you said cleveland GTHO you could technically be talking about the phase 2 or 3 as well.
Interestingly the Cleveland Phase 1 is the only full production GTHO to never race, it was just a stock 351 4V cleveland, the only difference between it and a cleveland powered XWGT was the phase 2 holley (on later builds) and a rear sway bar.

#29 ·
nak302 said:
ford never called the first GTHO a phase 1, it was simply GTHO.
some later GTHO's had clevelands, probably due to the short supply of windsors and ford australia going to clevelands.
all phase 2's had clevelands.
xcgxl - this is what nak302 means, the objection is to the term "phase 1". As blueyes said, how else are you meant to make a reference to the first GTHO, not the Phase 2 or Phase 3. Just saying Phase 1 is easier and people know what you are talking about. It happens whenever there is a mark/series/etc 2 - the previous model is retrospectively titled mark/series/etc 1.

The first Phase 2 was built in May 1970 (only HO for the month), apparently this car was April. 4Vman - do you know where I could get more info on the differences between the different HO specs?

#30 ·
My llibary has a book about GT Falcons. I think they have a couple, spotlight on .. and another. One of them has all the dealer bullitens in it from when the H.Os were released. It has ALL the specs. I will go for a wander tomorrow evening and see if I can borrow it and maybe scan it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.