xw heater - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 05:49   #1 (permalink)

xw heater

ok i have an well origianlly an xy but now an xy , did the xw have an on off heater switch , on my dash i have the two vent levers left and right on top underneath i have choke and cig lighter plus clock and heater control , bit did they actually have a heater switch , i had an xy fairmont that had thw two speed switch can anyone shed some light on this pls
borgiewindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 20:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: xw heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgiewindsor
ok i have an well origianlly an xy but now an xy , did the xw have an on off heater switch , on my dash i have the two vent levers left and right on top underneath i have choke and cig lighter plus clock and heater control , bit did they actually have a heater switch , i had an xy fairmont that had thw two speed switch can anyone shed some light on this pls
I wish I could help you as my father's 1970 XW Falcon 500 wagon actually had the heater as an option and he fitted an aftermarket unit. i seem to remember that the factory unit had slide controls to adjust from hot to cold air. If anyone can remember there is a website that lists the original car brochures which might give a clue.

I found this link. http://www.falcongt.com.au/XWACCESSORIES.html
scroll down to the heater dash and this is how I remember the HAVC's to look like on Falcons (when optioned) as well.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 20:48   #3 (permalink)

ok from what i can gather the xw's heater was driven by motion of the car moving forward hence no switch , well east enough to get an original switch an put where choke goes as dont use it , if i am wrong can anyone pls advise me thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 05:53   #4 (permalink)

There were two types of heaters. The basic model was the ram-flo type which relied on forward car motion - no fan so no switch. Only two vent controls and slide controls for the heater. The ute I've got did not even get the illuminated slide control panel.

The Falcon 500's and upper models had the 2 speed fan boosted one. The fan was controlled by twisting the RH vent knob.

The heater boxes are totally different. Dropping the fan boosted one in is easy, but I believe the heater hose outlets are in different spots. You can see this from inside the car (Ford was good enough to put dents to guide you for the position for the appropriate holes). On my XW - I had to fill holes for the old Ram Flo heater.

Hope this helps!
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:20   #5 (permalink)

i had all the holes in it , even the three bolt holes to mount the heater it had one fitted but was pulled out , the control cables were just cut , i have got the heater mounted just tryin to track down a switch now any ideas where i could find one......
thanks for help so far
Old 05-18-2005, 04:09   #6 (permalink)

For the switch, best bet would be the wreckers or ebay! I'd prefer scouring the wreckers to make sure you get the loom between switch and heater, otherwise you may have to make one up.

btw, the heater taps are common for stuffing out - they tend to corrode and either jam or don't fully open/close. Can't really be repaired but GT Ford performance in Niddrie VIC has them for about $80-$90.
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:26   #7 (permalink)

yeah thats where i get all my parts from , they good down there , have no switch yet , but heater is in and workin wired up to a 3 way toggle switch at the moment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons